+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What DOCS to bring for citizenship test and Oath!

CanadianME

Star Member
May 31, 2015
Hi all,
I'm scheduled for the test in 20 days and as per my online status. It said we sent you a letter to appear for test and then another line we sent you a letter to appear for OATH same day of the test. it said the letter was sent next day of the first letter for the test! I never received a second letter though! Now to my questions

1- I got one letter for test invitation that clarifies date, location. In the same letter it said, if you passed the test you will be sent a letter to attend the ceremony on "same day of the test". I didn't get a letter for the oath just this statement in my test invitation letter. Am I supposed to get a different letter for the oath? or this is considered an oath invitation?

2- What documents other than those documents listed in the citizenship application checklist? This is what the letter said though?

3- Thos who got oath letter? does it say to bring any documents with you? My test and oath is 150 KM from where I live!

4- Those who had their test in Calgary S.E are there parking lots close to the citizenship address? I'm concerned to drive 150 KM and then can't find a parking close to the citizenship center so I'm thinking to book a hotel in the area?

Thanks in advance,

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
Your oath documents will be no more than documents requested on the test invite.
If for SE Calgary you mean the Service Canada building on 4th Ave, there is parking on the road which costs $4.5/hr, you will need to pay for 1.5-2-hour parking for test to be on safe side.

HamiltonApplicant

Apr 3, 2017
Hamilton
Visa Office......
Munich, Germany
App. Filed.......
Jan 2007
Med's Request
Dec 2009
Med's Done....
Jan 2010
Passport Req..
Apr 2010
VISA ISSUED...
May 2010
LANDED..........
25-11-2010
1- I got one letter for test invitation that clarifies date, location. In the same letter it said, if you passed the test you will be sent a letter to attend the ceremony on "same day of the test". I didn't get a letter for the oath just this statement in my test invitation letter. Am I supposed to get a different letter for the oath? or this is considered an oath invitation?
Answer: Normally, CIC invites you to test and interview. Based on the outcome of the test/interview, they invite you for oath. In your case, however, given that you have to drive 150 KM, it is possible that they have decided to combine both on a single day. Best course of action for you is to call CIC and clarify. They are reachable by phone...

2- What documents other than those documents listed in the citizenship application checklist? This is what the letter said though?
Answer: Take all the documents in the application checklist. In addition to that, take any documents that can support your residency! When I went for the test, I heard the they asking proof of employment, which was not there in the checklist!

3- Thos who got oath letter? does it say to bring any documents with you? My test and oath is 150 KM from where I live!
Answer: You are supposed to bring the oath invitation, confirmation of PR or equivalent, and PR card. They will take PR card and return the rest to you.

4- Those who had their test in Calgary S.E are there parking lots close to the citizenship address? I'm concerned to drive 150 KM and then can't find a parking close to the citizenship center so I'm thinking to book a hotel in the area?
Answer: I am not from Calgary, but given your are 150 KM away from test and oath location, it would be wiser to be there a day before and stay in a hotel. If that is not an option, familiarize yourself with the place using google maps or mapquest. Plan to be there at least 90 minutes before the test....

Good luck!

CanadianME

Star Member
May 31, 2015
Your oath documents will be no more than documents requested on the test invite.
If for SE Calgary you mean the Service Canada building on 4th Ave, there is parking on the road which costs $4.5/hr, you will need to pay for 1.5-2-hour parking for test to be on safe side.
Thanks boss. Given my test in weekday in the early morning in this address 220 4th AVE SE Calgary. Do you think there will be spots in this parking lot! the picture from google maps shows that it might be full! any other parking around this area?

Thanks boss

CanadianME

Star Member
May 31, 2015
Answer: Normally, CIC invites you to test and interview. Based on the outcome of the test/interview, they invite you for oath. In your case, however, given that you have to drive 150 KM, it is possible that they have decided to combine both on a single day. Best course of action for you is to call CIC and clarify. They are reachable by phone...

Answer: Take all the documents in the application checklist. In addition to that, take any documents that can support your residency! When I went for the test, I heard the they asking proof of employment, which was not there in the checklist!

Answer: You are supposed to bring the oath invitation, confirmation of PR or equivalent, and PR card. They will take PR card and return the rest to you.

Answer: I am not from Calgary, but given your are 150 KM away from test and oath location, it would be wiser to be there a day before and stay in a hotel. If that is not an option, familiarize yourself with the place using google maps or mapquest. Plan to be there at least 90 minutes before the test....

Good luck!
Thanks buddy, I did what you suggested and called them. I had to wait on the phone for 40 minutes then they said you still might get the second letter for the oath. In case you didn't get it, just tell the officer you called the call center and you they confirmed you have the oath same day!

For my work, I'll take pay stubs and I have my school ID as I'm a teacher!!

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
Thanks boss. Given my test in weekday in the early morning in this address 220 4th AVE SE Calgary. Do you think there will be spots in this parking lot! the picture from google maps shows that it might be full! any other parking around this area?

Thanks boss
You definitely find one, worst case scenario drive around and you will find one.

HamiltonApplicant

Apr 3, 2017
Hamilton
Visa Office......
Munich, Germany
App. Filed.......
Jan 2007
Med's Request
Dec 2009
Med's Done....
Jan 2010
Passport Req..
Apr 2010
VISA ISSUED...
May 2010
LANDED..........
25-11-2010

Thanks boss
Google maps show many parking lots in vicinity.

Hotel Arts Parking
3.0 (1)
Parking Garage · 150 13 Ave SW

Ideal Parking Inc
Parking Garage · 411 1 St SE

Impark Lot#449 City Centre
Parking Garage · 302 3 Ave SW

CPA Lot 60 Convention Centre Parkade
4.5 (2)
Parking Garage · 727 1 St SE

Impark
1.0 (1)
Parking Garage · 240, 224 10 Ave SW

Westpark Parking Services
1.2 (46)
Parking Garage · 600 6 Ave SW #288

CPA Lot 54 Centennial Parkade (5 St)
5.0 (2)
Parking Garage · 823 5 St SW

Advanced Parking Systems
Parking Garage · 714 10 Ave SW

Indigo Park Lot 33
Parking Garage · 715 5 Ave SW

Interplex Parking Ltd
Parking Garage · 1400 Kensington Rd NW

Standard Parking Of Canada Ltd
Parking Garage · 301 14 St NW

Indigo Lot 803
Parking Garage · 349 14 Ave SW

Indigo Lot 123
Parking Garage · 931 6 Ave SW

CPA Lot 40 James Short Parkade (5 Ave)
Parking Garage · 112 5 Ave SW

CPA Lot 59
4.5 (2)
Parking Lot · 200 Memorial Dr NW

Impark (Bow Valley Square Parking Garage)
5.0 (2)
Parking Lot · 205 5 Ave SW

Impark (Parking)
1.5 (16)
Parking Lot · 219 9 Ave SE

Impark (Mount Royal Parking Garage)
Parking Lot · 815 17 Ave SW

Impark (CBE Parking Garage)
3.0 (1)
Parking Lot · Calgary Board of Education, 1221 8 St SW #334

Impark (Parking)
Parking Lot · 907 9 Ave SW

CanadianME

Star Member
May 31, 2015
Wowww that was great to know.... I'll add them to my GPS just in case.

Thanks buddy all the best.
Google maps show many parking lots in vicinity.

Hotel Arts Parking
3.0 (1)
Parking Garage · 150 13 Ave SW

Ideal Parking Inc
Parking Garage · 411 1 St SE

Impark Lot#449 City Centre
Parking Garage · 302 3 Ave SW

CPA Lot 60 Convention Centre Parkade
4.5 (2)
Parking Garage · 727 1 St SE

Impark
1.0 (1)
Parking Garage · 240, 224 10 Ave SW

Westpark Parking Services
1.2 (46)
Parking Garage · 600 6 Ave SW #288

CPA Lot 54 Centennial Parkade (5 St)
5.0 (2)
Parking Garage · 823 5 St SW

Advanced Parking Systems
Parking Garage · 714 10 Ave SW

Indigo Park Lot 33
Parking Garage · 715 5 Ave SW

Interplex Parking Ltd
Parking Garage · 1400 Kensington Rd NW

Standard Parking Of Canada Ltd
Parking Garage · 301 14 St NW

Indigo Lot 803
Parking Garage · 349 14 Ave SW

Indigo Lot 123
Parking Garage · 931 6 Ave SW

CPA Lot 40 James Short Parkade (5 Ave)
Parking Garage · 112 5 Ave SW

CPA Lot 59
4.5 (2)
Parking Lot · 200 Memorial Dr NW

Impark (Bow Valley Square Parking Garage)
5.0 (2)
Parking Lot · 205 5 Ave SW

Impark (Parking)
1.5 (16)
Parking Lot · 219 9 Ave SE

Impark (Mount Royal Parking Garage)
Parking Lot · 815 17 Ave SW

Impark (CBE Parking Garage)
3.0 (1)
Parking Lot · Calgary Board of Education, 1221 8 St SW #334

Impark (Parking)
Parking Lot · 907 9 Ave SW