+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What decision to make??

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So just becuase canada has wealth does not mean it cannot be classified as a third world country cuz its infrastructure is crumbling and the social welfare is worst.
A lot of Canadians don't want strong infrastructures. Look at the trans-mountain Kinder Morgan expansion project. They rather protect the environment.

DirectEnergy

Star Member
Dec 2, 2012
Ah, yes. Canada has no infrastructure. No schools, no hospitals, no roads, no utilities, no healthcare, no legal system, no law enforcement, no democratic government, no free speech, no freedom of religion, no equal rights, no education for girls, lots of child marriages, human and civil rights violations, female genital mutilation, religious/political/ideological persecution, etc., etc. Oh yeah, nothing to separate Canada from a third world country....
Do you know of many countries with no roads, no schools, or no hospitals? It's 21st century outside the window. How does having those make a country developed or prosperous? Moreover, healthcare in Canada is outright lousy compared to any decent standard and education is pretty mediocre.
As for other things you mentioned, freedom of speech in Canada is restricted to put it softly, religion (Christianity at least) is marginalized, there are groups of people that enjoy more right than others or whose rights are better protected. There's definitely a strong ideological pressure and those who disagree with the mainstream liberal ideology are silenced.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Do you know of many countries with no roads, no schools, or no hospitals? It's 21st century outside the window. How does having those make a country developed or prosperous? Moreover, healthcare in Canada is outright lousy compared to any decent standard and education is pretty mediocre.
As for other things you mentioned, freedom of speech in Canada is restricted to put it softly, religion (Christianity at least) is marginalized, there are groups of people that enjoy more right than others or whose rights are better protected. There's definitely a strong ideological pressure and those who disagree with the mainstream liberal ideology are silenced.
There are many countries without proper infrastructure, including a lack of roads, schools or hospitals. That is a response to the claim that Canada is a third world country without infrastructure. No one is saying Canada is perfect, just that it is not a third world country like the other poster claimed.

Our health care and education systems could definitely be better, as they could in every single country in the world. However, compared to the rest of the world, it is damn good.

As for freedom of speech and religion, I can freely criticize the government or attend church/temple/mosque without fear of imprisonment or torture. Again, the system is not perfect but it isn't anywhere else either. I do not see the marginalization of Christianity but it is not my religion, so perhaps it is something I don't notice; if you have some examples of this, I am happy to learn more about it. I do see a definite shift away from it, due in large part to that organization's own actions, and a shrinking proportion of Christians in Canada due to more diverse immigration.

Yes, some groups have more advantages or more protected rights. I firmly believe that Canada can and must do better in this area. For example, the disparity of social funding and access to services for indigenous communities vs. non-indigenous communities is atrocious and our government has been too slow to rectify this.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
And yet you have chosen to immigrate and remain in Canada. Yes Canada is not perfect but do you have examples of another countries that delivers healthcare to all it's citizens better? Same as education? Sure if you have the money to pay for private healthcare and education you will likely be fine in all countries of the world but that privilege is usually limited to a small fraction of the population of most countries. The crazy part is that Canadians are very comfortable pointing out that Canada is far from perfect. It is citizens of other countries that have put Canada on a pedestal convinced that there quality of life and opportunities will be better than their current situation. I tell international physicians that they should not immigrate to Canada all the time. Their chance of getting licensed is so small and will be mostly limited to family medicine. We have enough medical school graduates to fill most of the residency spots. It is shocking how little research they have done and assume their case will be different. It is also hard for health care professionals in Canada to do years of training and education and expect someone who completed medical school in 4 years after high school plus a few years in a hospital to have the same training. There are many universities around the world with pretty questionable standards and who graduate students based on bribes, favours, etc. so it is hard to trust what skills a new immigrant may have. There are many new immigrants and international students that are highly intelligent and have superior skills and education than most Canadians. It is very hard to generalize the immigrant experience.

aks2010

Star Member
May 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi / Warsaw
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014; Lawyer/consultant hired?: No.; PER Received.: 07-01-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2015
File Transfer...
22-04-2015
Med's Request
15-05-2015
Med's Done....
20-05-2015; Med's Results Rcvd: 26-05-2015;
Passport Req..
22-07-2015; Decision Made:25-07-2015; Passport Submitted: 27-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2015; Passport Returned: 31-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015;ECAS Status:Complete 31-10-2015
Hi I’m actually in Europe at the moment and working in finance. If I decide to come to Canada with family and live there, what are the chances me getting a job in accounting or finance division. I know in the beginning it may take a while to find a suitable job, but is it easy to get a odd kind of job meanwhile i.e restaurant or gas station job and what would be the earning if I work full time there.

I’m just considering Canadian option because of language problem in Europe but I don’t want to end up with losing my job here and then completely unemployed in Canada

Thanks a lot in advance
You will definitely get a survival job. But with regard to finding a job within your field you experience, it will definitely take some time.

parttimebasement

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
You will definitely get a survival job. But with regard to finding a job within your field you experience, it will definitely take some time.
Yes you may get a survival job but the real question is can you survive on a minimum wage job.
Do a worst case secenario budget forecast:-
Depending on your province of landing check the wage per hour.
Then multiply it with 15-20 hrs per week to get an estimate of weekly salary. (gross not net salary )
Check the lowest rental in your city of landing.
Dont foregt to add costs like transit pass,medical insurance, mobile + data, home internet and car (optional but necessary as employers prefer them)
See how much you got left for food and basic household+hygiene stuff .

Now after that if its ok then you can jump in. Its basic maths.