+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What constitutes proof we will move to Canada after application is approved?

kellymariefw

Jan 6, 2020
I am a Canadian living with my fiance in the USA
On the imm5589e form, the checklist, under the "Supporting Documents for Sponsors" section, question 2 asks for me to provide proof that my partner and I intend to live in Canada together once his application is approved.
It does not provide examples of what would constitute proof, and I'm not sure what we could use.
We have agreed between us that is what we will do, and my family is aware of it as well, but I don't have any official documents that would demonstrate this.
How are we expected to prove this? Would signed letters from my fiance and I or my family members work?
Thank you

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Quotes from moving companies, letters to your employers explaining your plans (don't resign yet), home search in Canada or plans to live with family. And more.

Search the forum for "proof of intent to return," this is discussed frequently.

StanDiv

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
I am a Canadian living with my fiance in the USA
On the imm5589e form, the checklist, under the "Supporting Documents for Sponsors" section, question 2 asks for me to provide proof that my partner and I intend to live in Canada together once his application is approved.
It does not provide examples of what would constitute proof, and I'm not sure what we could use.
We have agreed between us that is what we will do, and my family is aware of it as well, but I don't have any official documents that would demonstrate this.
How are we expected to prove this? Would signed letters from my fiance and I or my family members work?
Thank you
You need to show letter stating you are starting a job in Canada if you can obtain one...lease or rental agreement o where you will live in canada...Job search proof...anything along those lines. Good luck.