+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What comes Next?

hammadsanaa

Star Member
Oct 15, 2005
Israel
Dear All,
Finally, I have Submitted my skilled worker simplified application through registered mail. Hopefully, It will reach The Canadian Embassy in Tel Aviv by the 2nd of Jan 2007.
Note that I am applying for myself only without wife and kids.
I know that I am on the first step of the 1000 miles way, but I want to ask What Comes Next?
May any one of you please help me regarding this issue?!
Should I start gathering any kind of documents and papers at the time being? because I have been living in 4 different countries!
Should I start gathering police certificates since this will take me long time?
Please let me know it in a clear and detailed manner.
Thanks in advance and Happy Hollidays,
Best of luck for all of us,
Hammad

dstuffs

Jul 1, 2005
Karachi-Pakistan
Dear Hammadsanaa:

Obtaining documents from four different countries appears to be a tough job.
Should you start this right now or on a later stage depands on your local Canadian Embassy/High Commission progress.

If you are expecting to be called soon you should start now, for getting an idea i would suggest you to see timelines at Tel Aviv.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/times-int/02a-skilled-fed.html

Though it reflects the picture when there was old process in practice, now you would have submitted your application through simplyfied process. Instead you can get an idea.

Regards

hammadsanaa

Star Member
Oct 15, 2005
Israel
Thanks a lot for your helpful reply.
But I still have two questions:
1. What is(are) the first document(s) that may be requested from me at the first stage of requesting documents? Is it History background?! Or what?! Please elaborate on this.
2. For a country that I have been living before about five years or so, Is it acceptable to have a police clearance that have been issued more than six months before the date that the Canadian Embassy will ask me to submitt it?
3. To get a police clearance from a country that i have been living in the past, should I go the Country's Embassy in my country? Do Embassies of these countries help regarding such issues? If not, where to go?

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks in advance & Best of Luck!
Hammad

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

hammadsanaa said:
Thanks a lot for your helpful reply.
But I still have two questions:
1. What is(are) the first document(s) that may be requested from me at the first stage of requesting documents? Is it History background?! Or what?! Please elaborate on this.
2. For a country that I have been living before about five years or so, Is it acceptable to have a police clearance that have been issued more than six months before the date that the Canadian Embassy will ask me to submitt it?
3. To get a police clearance from a country that i have been living in the past, should I go the Country's Embassy in my country? Do Embassies of these countries help regarding such issues? If not, where to go?

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks in advance & Best of Luck!
Hammad
1. You should wait until receive the request for documents which will be in about 30 or so months.
2. You will need PCCs that are no older than 3 months.
3. Read www.cic.gc.ca it explains how to get police certificates at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/police-cert/index.html

PMM

hammadsanaa

Star Member
Oct 15, 2005
Israel
Thanks a lot Dear PMM.
I still have the following queries:
1. For a country X that I have been living between 1990 & 1995, should the PCC be not older than 3 months?!
For the country that I am recently residing in I understand it, but how about the above mentioned case?

2. Do you mean that the Canadian Embassy in Tel Aviv will ask me for documents after about 30 months or so?
If so, when am I expected to receive the AOR for a simplified Application that has reached the Embassy in Tel Aviv just today (Tuesday 02.01.2006)?

Please be patient with me and try to help as far as you can.
BEST OF LUCK FOR ALL OF US,
Thanks in Advance,
Hammad

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

hammadsanaa said:
Thanks a lot Dear PMM.
I still have the following queries:
1. For a country X that I have been living between 1990 & 1995, should the PCC be not older than 3 months?!

Yes

For the country that I am recently residing in I understand it, but how about the above mentioned case?

See above answer

2. Do you mean that the Canadian Embassy in Tel Aviv will ask me for documents after about 30 months or so?

Yes
If so, when am I expected to receive the AOR for a simplified Application that has reached the Embassy in Tel Aviv just today (Tuesday 02.01.2006)?

About 30 days. or so.

Please be patient with me and try to help as far as you can.
BEST OF LUCK FOR ALL OF US,
Thanks in Advance,
Hammad