+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What comes after PPR ?

fitter_happier

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
Hello everyone,

So I got my PPR a few days ago. I am from the UK so I am Visa exempt. I had to send a photocopy of my Passport Picture page (not my actual passport) and a few other documents. I tracked the package and it is in Ottawa right now.

I am just wondering what happens next. My friend told me I will be contacted within 10 days and instructed to cross the boarder into the US and then come back and then I should have PR status. Is this correct? Can anyone confirm what happened after they sent away the documents at the PPR stage?How close am I to the end ?

Thanks in advance =)

fitter_happier

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
Cool. Right now I am living in Toronto. I was going to go to Niagara Falls once I hear back and cross the boarder and come back into Canada to get my PR status. Do you know what the time frame is after you have submitted your documents to Ottawa? I just want to confirm that within 10 days is correct. My old IT company are considering re-hiring me so just wondering how soon I can get back to work :)

fitter_happier

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
Hi guys just wondering something else too. What exactly am I waiting for since I am from the UK? I didn't send my actual passport, just a photocopy of the picture page. When I log into CIC it now says "Final Decision: Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details."

I haven't had an actual message sent to my account though saying it has been approved. Am I waiting for further correspondence from Ottawa to tell me what to do next? What exactly will they be sending me back since they don't have my actual passport in their possession.

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
Hi guys just wondering something else too. What exactly am I waiting for since I am from the UK? I didn't send my actual passport, just a photocopy of the picture page. When I log into CIC it now says "Final Decision: Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details."

I haven't had an actual message sent to my account though saying it has been approved. Am I waiting for further correspondence from Ottawa to tell me what to do next? What exactly will they be sending me back since they don't have my actual passport in their possession.
You need CoPR which will be mailed to you.

N

newtoexpressentry

They will send u two copies of CoPR one with ur picture on it. They will instruct u not to sign CoPR until u cross the border/landing. When u do the landing process u will be asked to sign CoPR in front of the officer and he will also sign and keep one copy and give u the other with a stamp saying the date u became PR . After that u can go to get ur SIN renewed and get heathcard. Ur PR card will be sent to u by post on ur Canadian address and it takes about 60 days to get it.

Reactions: Ivan Duhok

vidushi

Aug 30, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-08-2017
Hi guys, can anyone tell me how much time to it takes from PPR to CoPR please?

fitter_happier

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
Hi guys, not received my COPR yet but hoping it comes soon. They received my documents on September 11th.

I plan on going to Niagara falls once I get it. From my understanding I take my COPR (both copies), my passport, proof of funds (I'll take some bank statements plus a letter from my employer stating they are going to re-hire me). Is there anything else I am missing? I read somewhere you take a CBSA B4 form? Can't find any information on what they are though.

I just want to clarify something else. After I've re-entered Canada at the border I have PR status and I can start working right away once I go get my SIN right? I don't actually need to wait for a PR card before working.

I understand that I won't get my actual PR card though for several months. What would happen if I left Canada and returned back to my homeland of Scotland for a few weeks after I flag pole? Would I be able to re-enter Canada easily with my PR status without yet having my PR card? My old job (and the one I am returning to once I get PR) allows me to work from home so I have been considering going to Scotland for a while and working remotely from there but I was advised not to return home until I actually have a PR card as coming back to Canada could pose a problem.

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
Hi guys, not received my COPR yet but hoping it comes soon. They received my documents on September 11th.

I plan on going to Niagara falls once I get it. From my understanding I take my COPR (both copies), my passport, proof of funds (I'll take some bank statements plus a letter from my employer stating they are going to re-hire me). Is there anything else I am missing? I read somewhere you take a CBSA B4 form? Can't find any information on what they are though.

I just want to clarify something else. After I've re-entered Canada at the border I have PR status and I can start working right away once I go get my SIN right? I don't actually need to wait for a PR card before working.

I understand that I won't get my actual PR card though for several months. What would happen if I left Canada and returned back to my homeland of Scotland for a few weeks after I flag pole? Would I be able to re-enter Canada easily with my PR status without yet having my PR card? My old job (and the one I am returning to once I get PR) allows me to work from home so I have been considering going to Scotland for a while and working remotely from there but I was advised not to return home until I actually have a PR card as coming back to Canada could pose a problem.
The form you are looking for is this
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/bsf186-eng.html

Be aware if you plan to flagpole at Niagara, they only accept flag poling Tue - Thu and you'll need to get there early in the morning. You might want to considering going to peace bridge or thousand islands bridge

You can work without PR card. You can't fly back to Canada without it. You can apply for PRTD while in Scotland and fly back with that.

PS: I lived in Scotland for 5 years (Glasgow and Aberdeen). Love the country and definitely plan to travel there again :)

fitter_happier

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
Awesome! Thanks for the info :)

That's awesome! Scotland is beautiful eh? Definitely miss home but glad to have the opportunity to live here for the next while too.

ShyannAlbers

Dec 14, 2018
Hello everyone,

So I got my PPR a few days ago. I am from the UK so I am Visa exempt. I had to send a photocopy of my Passport Picture page (not my actual passport) and a few other documents. I tracked the package and it is in Ottawa right now.

I am just wondering what happens next. My friend told me I will be contacted within 10 days and instructed to cross the boarder into the US and then come back and then I should have PR status. Is this correct? Can anyone confirm what happened after they sent away the documents at the PPR stage?How close am I to the end ?

Thanks in advance =)
How long did it take you?
We are in the same boat sending the passport photocopies tomorrow and we are wondering how long it will take to get the COPR back with him being Visa exempt from USA