+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What comes after medical received?

RyanD91

Star Member
Apr 14, 2019
Hello there, I am a 30 yr old male US citizen living in Canada as a visitor being sponsored by my Canadian PR wife for inland PR spousal sponsorship.

My application was initially sent in Dec. 2020 but sent back in May 2021 due to some missing signatures. Resent in June 2021. As of November 2021 they notified us that they are processing our papers and gave us a number. I have done my medical and they have acknowledged that it has been received as of December 2021.

Our application should be relatively straightforward and simple. We dont have kids, no criminal records, both young and both live in Canada (me USA citizen), and we both have a stable income and neither receive any sort of government assistance.

I am just wondering, what should I expect next and in what sort of time frame? is it realistic to think ill have PR by summer based on what ive said above?

Let me know your thoughts

Thanks

-Ryan

mann.aman12

Nov 3, 2017
Hello there, I am a 30 yr old male US citizen living in Canada as a visitor being sponsored by my Canadian PR wife for inland PR spousal sponsorship.

My application was initially sent in Dec. 2020 but sent back in May 2021 due to some missing signatures. Resent in June 2021. As of November 2021 they notified us that they are processing our papers and gave us a number. I have done my medical and they have acknowledged that it has been received as of December 2021.

Our application should be relatively straightforward and simple. We dont have kids, no criminal records, both young and both live in Canada (me USA citizen), and we both have a stable income and neither receive any sort of government assistance.

I am just wondering, what should I expect next and in what sort of time frame? is it realistic to think ill have PR by summer based on what ive said above?

Thanks

-Ryan
After medical you will receive portal request. I submitted my Inland file in july 2021 and after medical on january 20 I received portal request. You just wait and hope for the best. You can check your application status on ecas, ecas is more up-to-date

RyanD91

Star Member
Apr 14, 2019
After medical you will receive portal request. I submitted my Inland file in july 2021 and after medical on january 20 I received portal request. You just wait and hope for the best. You can check your application status on ecas, ecas is more up-to-date
Hello there, am I to understand correctly that the portal means acceptance?

Are you a permanent resident now? I dont fully understand

mann.aman12

Nov 3, 2017
Yes they will send you PR portal confirmation, after medical I received portal request..now i am waiting for COPR that I will receive in portal..

Canadacanadavisa

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
2021-06-14
AOR Received.
2021-11-09
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2022

Thanks

-Ryan
Same here, we applied last June (Inland), we received our AOR at the beginning of November and since my husband had already medical exams done, medical was passed in GCKEY the day after. We also have a straightforward case, husband is Irish and no criminal records. We have been waiting for some news since then…

mann.aman12

Nov 3, 2017
Same here, we applied last June (Inland), we received our AOR at the beginning of November and since my husband had already medical exams done, medical was passed in GCKEY the day after. We also have a straightforward case, husband is Irish and no criminal records. We have been waiting for some news since then…
Hope you will get news soon

Reactions: Canadacanadavisa