+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What CEC code to use now 1221 isn't being accepted anymore??

clodaoc

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Hi everyone,

After a few traumatic weeks after finding out my CEC application was rejected based on my implied status time not being counted I have been given some positive news from my immigration lawyer. He feels I can reapply under a different code. I was considering appealing my case and the lawyer did agree I could do this but...he said the length of time it takes and the cost involved, it would just be quicker and cheaper to reapply. So that is what i am going to do! I had initially applied under 1221 and yes I know this one isn't being used anymore. I have been looking through other similar codes and to be honest I feel mine fits under a few...and the lawyer agrees.

So now I need to decide between 1122 and 1211. My question is, do you know what the main difference is between these codes? I know one is category A and one is category B but the actual jobs are so similar I don't know what one to use. I was a Records Information Management Project Analyst and Work Lead and i feel I could use Records Management Supervisor in 1211 or Records Management Systems Analyst in 1122. But what if i can't decide between the two? Is there one that is a bit more senior than than the other or how am I supposed to compare both???

Any advice?

Thanks!

clodaoc

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Also I meant to add, I understand 1122 is a category A and 1211 is a category B. So that means 1211 is in the 200 cap and 1122 isn't. But that shouldn't really be a concern i suppose!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Sorry, I know you've suffered a big disappointment but - I really don't see a lot of similarities between a supervisor of clerical staff, and a management consultant/analyst.. Without knowing your job duties, it's hard to see what's confusing to you.

clodaoc

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Hi - Thanks for your comment. Here's an exact copy of my job description as provided from my employer. I worked as a RIM Project Records Analyst & Work Lead from Nov 2010 - July 2012. I then switched to Project Analyst from July - Nov 2012. Please see descriptions below for position 1. I can follow with the description for my few months as Project Analyst although the job below is the one below is the one that will fill my work experience for CEC.

JOB TITLE: RIM Project Records Analyst & Work Leader Job

BASIC PURPOSE: Leads records inventory activities for each line of business during the organization-wide Records & Information Management (RIM) Project, holding work leadership for an assigned group of records staff and providing technical advice and guidance to other participants. Identifies classification, inventory and retention issues for each business group and makes recommendations to the RIM Project Team regarding records classification and changes to systems and business processes. Provides training and first-level trouble-shooting support to business groups during the implementation of records management practices and systems in keeping with the corporate model.

MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES (TO FULFILL MAJOR PURPOSE):
1. Holds work leadership responsibility for, and performs the same duties as, incumbents in lower-level records management jobs as they carry out a records inventory for the organization-wide Records & Information Management (RIM) Project.
2. Provides technical advice and guidance to non-project staff who are participating in the records inventory for their business group as part of the RIM Project and ensures quality standards are understood and followed for all data-gathering activities.
3. Reviews and analyzes the inventory results into logical groupings (categories) and conducts interviews with business leads and records administrators for each business group to verify records groupings and obtain signoffs.
4. Identifies classification, inventory and retention issues for each business group. Makes recommendations to the RIM Project Team regarding the definition of the corporate records classification model and regarding changes to information technology systems and business processes necessary to better support and sustain RIM in the long-run.
5. During implementation of system enhancements, provides first-level troubleshooting for business groups on challenges with their unique system applications, including software for departmental databases and web sites, as these relate to the electronic document management system (EDMS).
6. Conducts demonstrations and presentations regarding the RIM Project and the EDMS to staff across the organization; conducts formal and informal training, information seminars and presentations to staff on the EDMS and search tool, standards, processes, workflow and best practices; provides input to the Project Team for use in the creation of support materials such as end-user manuals.
7. Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties that do not affect the rating of the job.

SKILLS KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED: Thorough knowledge of RIM industry and best practices and understanding of records and information management policies, practices, and regulatory requirements for managing a variety of mediums including paper and electronic records. Good working knowledge of the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act and the Personal Information Protection Act
and Electronic Documents Act and common industry records management practices and national standards for paper and electronic record management including classification, retention, life cycle management. Well developed operational knowledge of paper and electronic document management using common applications such as FileNet and SharePoint. Advanced working knowledge of MicroSoft Office Suite products, inter/intranet related applications such as HTML/SHTML/XHTML, ASP, JavaScript, FTP, CSS. Ability to analyze business process and make recommendations for improvement and positively influence others to effect change. Ability to provide work leadership to assigned group of records staff. Ability to provide advice and technical support to staff on records management life cycle including classification, inventory and retention , document imaging, web, and enterprise content management (ECM) systems and functions.

Excellent leadership, teamwork, problem solving, time management and organizational skills. Well developed verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills. Ability to conduct user level training and demonstrations. Ability to keyboard with accuracy. Ability to communicate effectively with staff and clients and respond to enquiries and requests. Ability to attend meetings at different locations throughout the Lower Mainland.

WORKING CONDITIONS: Works in a normal office environment. Occasional exposure to dust from old record boxes. Occasional overnight travel.

EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND EDUCATION (DEMONSTRATING REQUIREMENTS): High school graduation supplemented with leadership and business English and writing skills certificate programs at a post-secondary level, plus Records and Information Management courses and seminars recognized by the Association of Records Managers and Administrators (ARMA), or an equivalent combination of experience, training and education. Minimum four (4) years of records and information management experience, including proven delivery of records management program and managing the records life cycle, with an understanding of the records life cycle, records classification, structure of enterprise content management systems, and metadata and a detailed understanding of all aspects of records management including classification structures and retention schedules. Proficient in the use and operation of MicroSoft Office Suite software. Experience leading teams involved in business process change preferred. Prefer experience managing records using electronic records management tools such as Primavera, SharePoint and FileNet. Experience in classroom style training and conducting demonstrations and presentations to large groups.