+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What can this secondary review do to people!!!

Cameron2020

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
After waiting for 7 years to get a Canadian permanent visa and going through all those difficult procedures, I thought my residency was really permanent and I do not have to go through those hassles any more, but I was wrong ...

I spent 2 months to prepare all documents and forms they required for PR card renewal and sent them about 7 months before my PR expiry date to make sure I would not stay without PR card.
I had already bought my airplane ticket to travel 6 months later and sent it to them to consider urgent processing just in case. However, they not only did not do it on normal time, but they sent it for secondary review!!!
So far they have kept me waiting for 4 months after they started second review and whenever I contacted them, they said there is no time limit for us.

They did not care about my travel plan at all and when I objected about it, they behave as if I never sent them any ticket and asked me to send it again. When I sent them the ticket and prove of payment, again they ignored it and considered it as invalid!!!! When I objected again, they asked me to send them my ticket!!! Can you believe it? They don’t even check what has been sent to them before.

I had to leave Canada 2 months ago with the same ticket that they considered that as invalid and now my card is expired and I cannot go back to my family. They simply say take a travel document and come back to Canada, as if it is as easy as drinking water. Getting a travel document as they suggested is as difficult as getting PR card, because again the same documents should be sent to them and maybe it has to go for another secondary review in the embassy this time!!! This is a vicious cycle.

Plus, there is no Canadian embassy in my country and I have to travel to another country to get that. Unfortunately the Canadian embassy has given visa issue to a private company and they know really nothing. When I asked them how should I prove I have been in Canada for more than 2 years in the last 5 years, she replied:
1. You can provide your Record of Landing or Confirmation of your Permanent Residence to apply for Travel document.
That's all she knows about the required documents.

They do not even send my passport back by post!!!!!!!! They said they only post inside the country not outside!!! That means I should spend so much money and time and travel to another country to get a travel document in order to enter the country which is supposed to be my second country!!!

This is how it is behaved with a 5 year permanent resident of Canada, or it can be a 10 year or a 15 year one.