+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What can prevent me from getting a student visa?

LLiran

Aug 28, 2009
Let's say I have enough money, I don't have any criminal record and I got accepted to a certain university.. Is there something that can prevent me from getting that visa?
I also read something about convincing the immigration officer that I will leave Canada once I finish studying, but what if I don't want to leave? What if I want to try and get a Canadian experience class visa and stay in Canada as a permanent resident? Why would I need to convinence the immigration officer if they give us the option to get an experience class visa anyway..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I think the best answer any of us can give you is that study visas are not meant to be an immigration route. In other words, Canada wants foreign students who want to study in Canada - not foreign students who don't care where they study but want to find a way to immigrate to Canada and a study permit seems to be the easiest way.

To be approved for a study visa, you do need to convince officials that you have strong ties to your home country and no plans to remain in Canada long term. In the end, why that is doesn't really matter. If you want a study visa, this is one of the conditions you must meet.

LLiran

Aug 28, 2009
You're saying that they are not meant to be an immigration route.. But is it still possible?