+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What can I do?

M

marilamb

Yea that sounds good. I would also make sure you make it clear why you couldn't get the things like a drivers license or couldn't get the car in a joint name, and if possible proof that you've tried these things.
My husband is just a visitor and I was able to get him put on my cibc bank account with no issues. He is American as well. Have you tried going on your SO bank account?

Elanigana

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
My husband is just a visitor and I was able to get him put on my cibc bank account with no issues. He is American as well. Have you tried going on your SO bank account?
We do have the bank account!

But it doesn’t go back to the beginning.

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Random things we included as we also have no utilities (all inclusive rent) so i went a little extra on the same address thing.

- Costco membership (yep really!) as both people must live at the same address to have a joint costco account.
- Joint gym membership. You have to be a couple at the same address to have a joint membership (at our gym anyway)
- Christmas cards and the envelopes showing our names and address or wedding invites and the envelopes...i was saving these for a few years knowing we may need them

Michyy

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2018
Doc's Request.
23-03-2018
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
Med's Request
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
LANDED..........
15-03-2019
Another thing you can include is email between you and the utility companies adding your name to the account. It was the same thing we my husband and I. My utilities accounts were already set up and we were unable to add 2 names to the account owner, however, I sent an email to my hydro company and asked to add his name onto the account, then sent that correspondence with the application. We also sent our cellphone bills too. We have a family account under my name as principal owner, however when we added my husbands number, his name appears on the Rogers bill below where they show record of calls, etc. next to his number.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
@Elanigana

You CAN get married now and supply that information to CIC. You will NOT have to file a new application. They will take your marriage into account and continue to process your application. Common Law and Legally Married are NOT different streams. Spousal applications are spousal application whether legal marriage spouse or common law spouse.

Just food for thought. Do NOT continue to send them the same evidence, they want to see something different. Are you telling me in all the time you've lived with your husband you've not received a single piece of mail with your name on it? What does the hospital where you had your children have on file for an address? Do you go to the library or have a library card? Do you do any volunteer work, maybe go to church weekly? Do you drive? Think outside of the box a little bit. It doesn't have to be bills or utilities ....

Good luck.

Reactions: WeegieInOttawa

Elanigana

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
@Elanigana

You CAN get married now and supply that information to CIC. You will NOT have to file a new application. They will take your marriage into account and continue to process your application. Common Law and Legally Married are NOT different streams. Spousal applications are spousal application whether legal marriage spouse or common law spouse.

Just food for thought. Do NOT continue to send them the same evidence, they want to see something different. Are you telling me in all the time you've lived with your husband you've not received a single piece of mail with your name on it? What does the hospital where you had your children have on file for an address? Do you go to the library or have a library card? Do you do any volunteer work, maybe go to church weekly? Do you drive? Think outside of the box a little bit. It doesn't have to be bills or utilities ....

Good luck.
Hey! Thanks for your reply!

I sent them all of the mail. We are sending them a letter explaining every thing I've ALREADY sent them, and the new stuff I am sending them now.

Are you saying that if we get married, they'll consider that in THIS application? Because honestly, if it'll help, we'll do it. It's not something we don't plan on doing anyways.. we just had alot of family personal stuff going on ( My fathers death, moving to a new country ) and we didn't want it to be a red flag..

I have been going to a gym here, i'll see if I can get them to write something up! :)

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Hey! Thanks for your reply!

I sent them all of the mail. We are sending them a letter explaining every thing I've ALREADY sent them, and the new stuff I am sending them now.

Are you saying that if we get married, they'll consider that in THIS application? Because honestly, if it'll help, we'll do it. It's not something we don't plan on doing anyways.. we just had alot of family personal stuff going on ( My fathers death, moving to a new country ) and we didn't want it to be a red flag..

I have been going to a gym here, i'll see if I can get them to write something up! :)
Yes, if you get married now they will consider it with THIS application. You will however have to wait however long it takes to receive your marriage certificate to send it in to them.