+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What can i do during the PR application process

Guanguar16

Oct 11, 2016
Dear friends,

I would like to seek your opinions that what can I do during wait time of PR? Can I learn driving in Canada or apply for college if I got my AOR? I submitted my application in the 1st.Nov and got the AOR. I am still waiting my working visa which I hopefully will arrive some time of 2017 February.
I am doing volunteer job currently but I really want to go back to School or learn driving? Can I do these thing during a long waiting?

Thanks for your suggestion.

criveros

Star Member
Sep 27, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2017
go to university/college and pay domestic fees

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
you can study anything that is not degree related or any program that is less than 6 months. if a program is degree related or 6+ months, you will need a study permit to go to school.

applying for pr does not give you priveleges to work or study a degree program or a program more than 6 months long.

if you are volunteering, be very careful about what you do as volunteer work. if the role is marketed to all people as a volunteer job, then it is volunteer work. if it is a job the company or organization would normally pay a canadian to do, and you're simply "volunteering" to do it for free, that is working illegally. For example, i can volunteer at a local animal shelter playing with the animals or cleaning up after them because that is marketed to everyone in canada as volunteer work. i can not "volunteer" for a company doing data entry or admin work that would otherwise be marketed as a paying job to a canadian.

you can get your driver's license, you can do volunteer work that is marketed to everyone as volunteer work, and you can participate in short lenght workshops/classes. that's about it.

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
criveros said:
go to university/college and pay domestic fees
This is absolutely not true, in any part. It is completely false.

While waiting, you have no special status. You can only do a course over six months if you have a study permit, and you will pay international fees to do so.