+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what can go wrong with your PNP-PR applications !

Mo2016

Dec 20, 2015
Visa Office......
Inland-FSW
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
If you have recently got your PNP certificate then congratulation. Your next step, like me , is to apply for PR. But let us stop for a moment and think what can go wrong so we can avoid unnecessary delays. Here are some killing mistakes I came across this forum :

1. Not signing your forms. Although it seems stupid , it seems the most common mistake. Make sure you sign your application forms, and not only type your name

2. Pay by credit card. If you lost your credit card , it might be a disaster . If they try to charge and they can't they will send your application back. Preferably pay online and include the receipt, don't forget save a copy for yourself

3. Include IELTS, even if your job is not NOC C or D, better to send it , if you have one.

4. Have a copy of all the documents you sent

5. Attach all the PCCs you have and apply to those you don't have ASAP

any thing I miss ?

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mo2016 said:
If you have recently got your PNP certificate then congratulation. Your next step, like me , is to apply for PR. But let us stop for a moment and think what can go wrong so we can avoid unnecessary delays. Here are some killing mistakes I came across this forum :

1. Not signing your forms. Although it seems stupid , it seems the most common mistake. Make sure you sign your application forms, and not only type your name

2. Pay by credit card. If you lost your credit card , it might be a disaster . If they try to charge and they can't they will send your application back. Preferably pay online and include the receipt, don't forget save a copy for yourself

3. Include IELTS, even if your job is not NOC C or D, better to send it , if you have one.

any thing I miss ?
i'm not sure which PNP requires PCC before nomination stage itself... but lets assume that is correct

singularly the BIGGEST mistake applicants made in OINP was not sending entire passport pages scan...

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018
Mo2016 said:

any thing I miss ?
Photos, Translations, Translator Affidavit, Blank Envelops,

Mo2016

Dec 20, 2015
Visa Office......
Inland-FSW
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
That is great. Let us be proactive...one of the saddest staries is about one who had his PR returned becuase of a silly mistake and could not have his PNP renewed as his work permit had already expires by that time. It is rare to see PNP- PR refused , but it happens and better do any thing to avoid such a devastating incident.

Keep it up

Abdul Hannan

Oct 22, 2013
Winnipeg Manitoba
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS - Inland
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25/07/2015
Nomination.....
12/07/2016
AOR Received.
29/10/2016
IELTS Request
CELPIP UPFRONT
File Transfer...
WAITING
Med's Request
09-10-2017
Med's Done....
09-10-2017
Interview........
WAITING
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
FOLLOW THE DOCUMENT CHECKLIST! :)

Mo2016

Dec 20, 2015
Visa Office......
Inland-FSW
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
I hope it was this easy ! . In many times there are lessons to be learned the hard way, that is why it thoughtful to consider the failure of others..the blind spot..if you follow those who have their applications returned you will discover that they mostly share common mistakes..these are the same ones we try to avoid!!

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018
Mo2016 said:
I hope it was this easy ! . In many times there are lesson to be learned the hard way, that is why it thoughtful to consider the failure of others..the blind spot..if you follow those who have their application returned you will discover that they mostly share common mistakes..these are the same onea we try to avoid them.
Ha ha ha, big example here. I got Nomination on 01 June. I had sufficient time to send application within 8-10 days. But lack of knowledge (that time), irresponsibility, etc. etc. Sent on 18 June, got delivered on 24 June. My IELTS expired on 21 June. They sent back the package, which I got on 20 Sept.
Now sent again with updated IELTS, got delivered on 2 Nov. Result : Now I am 4 months late as compared to my batch mates.

Mo2016

Dec 20, 2015
Visa Office......
Inland-FSW
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Thank you very much for sharing your experience. I hope this time every thing goes smoothly.

Keep us updated

Mo2016

Dec 20, 2015
Visa Office......
Inland-FSW
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Also have just seen a guy from MNP got his application back for missing one of the forms, travel history I guess.
He assumed he did not have to send it as he does not have a travel history. If he asked, others would have told he it is a must. Be proactive, revise your application triple times make no room for mistakes

akubilly

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashuindian said:
Ha ha ha, big example here. I got Nomination on 01 June. I had sufficient time to send application within 8-10 days. But lack of knowledge (that time), irresponsibility, etc. etc. Sent on 18 June, got delivered on 24 June. My IELTS expired on 21 June. They sent back the package, which I got on 20 Sept.
Now sent again with updated IELTS, got delivered on 2 Nov. Result : Now I am 4 months late as compared to my batch mates.
What's the validity time for ielts? Two years I suppose

Sabbu161

Nov 19, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
28th Nov 2016
Nomination.....
18th Oct 2016
AOR Received.
16th Feb 2017
File Transfer...
9th March 2017
Med's Request
8-June-2017
Med's Done....
15-June-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
2 months after Visa
Mo2016 said:

any thing I miss ?
Hi there,

Is submission of employment details and education documents also required at the CIC stage. Im a PNP candidate

nainabjj

Apr 5, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
Doc's Request.
21-10-2016
Nomination.....
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-01-2017
File Transfer...
23-02-2017
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
14-06-2017
Passport Req..
28-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2017
LANDED..........
soon
is it necessary to send appointment letter of current company because i didnt get that at a time of joining 6 years ago??? I have JD letter from my company which i submitted for PNP.

mawcanada

Jan 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is the pnp Pr application completely online or we have to mail some documents?

chhvip2301

Sep 5, 2014
calgary, canada
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
09-12-2016
Doc's Request.
01-06-2017
AOR Received.
09-02-2017
Hi,

I just Received my AINP on 1st Nov 2016. now the confusion is- work permit expires on march 12,2017. so have exactly 4 months to get my and my spouse's work permit extended and apply for Paper application-PR . so now, which one to apply first pr or work permit??

i called cic today - though lady was extremely rude but she said that you may wish to apply for work permit first as one needs to maintain a legal status in the currently when you apply for your permanent residency. I am still confused.

Also, my employer has obtained the offer of employer number from employer portal which starts from A with a 7 digit number- for employer specific work permit. i logged in cic and obtained check list it still says to submit IMM5802 (which has now been replaced by employer portal) what to do now ??

please help !!

thanks
chhaya

Mo2016

Dec 20, 2015
Visa Office......
Inland-FSW
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Sabbu161 said:
Hi there,

Is submission of employment details and education documents also required at the CIC stage. Im a PNP candidate

Only follow checklist, experience letters and bank statement are not needed