+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What can go wrong after getting a nomination?

CWilson

Star Member
May 5, 2015
If we successfully get a provincial nomination what, if anything, could go wrong to stop us getting PR? I understand there's still a police check and a medical, is there anything else? I assume if the province are happy with our paperwork then the national immigration office will be. What about quotas? Is it possible the quotas get filled between getting Provincial nomination and getting PR? Is there anything additional that is checked at the national level?

HAILMANU

Star Member
May 19, 2015
CWilson said:
If we successfully get a provincial nomination what, if anything, could go wrong to stop us getting PR? I understand there's still a police check and a medical, is there anything else? I assume if the province are happy with our paperwork then the national immigration office will be. What about quotas? Is it possible the quotas get filled between getting Provincial nomination and getting PR? Is there anything additional that is checked at the national level?
Getting provincial nomination gets you an extra 600 on your CRS score thus significantly increasing your chances of getting an ITA and being able to apply for PR. It also mentions on CIC website that candidates with provincial nomination's applications will be processed as a priority. Beyond that there are no guarantees of PR. If you get the ITA and your information checks out, no issues with POF etc then you shoud be fine