Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I am expected to arrive Canada somewhere after January, 2015.

I am keen to kick off a business in Canada preferably in Toronto. My question is to my respected seniors who have been in market for long enough to suggest a good business.

Firstly, What business?
Secondly, How much funds should I have in order to get a business finance from financial institutions?
Lastly, Preferred location?
Cheers :)

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
Haiderzaidi said:
Hi Guys,

I am expected to arrive Canada somewhere after January, 2015.

I am keen to kick off a business in Canada preferably in Toronto. My question is to my respected seniors who have been in market for long enough to suggest a good business.

Firstly, What business?
Secondly, How much funds should I have in order to get a business finance from financial institutions?
Lastly, Preferred location?
Cheers :)
How long is a piece of string? How many sand corns are on the beach? No one but yourself can answer that question. Well, what business? You tell us.. what can you do? Where are your talents? Skills? What is your passion? Do not ask us, we do not know.

As to the money, same here. How much have you got to spend? $1000 or $1'000'000?

Location, no idea, probably where there is the least competition and the most demand for whatever you want to do.

So, go back to the drawing board and figure out these topics by yourself, once YOU know, we might be able to help.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Transit system is really bad in Toronto, if there is any way you can invest you money in order to make a better or alternative mode of transport it will be welcomed by majority of people. People make fun of the TTC cause it now stands for Take The Car

Haiderzaidi

Sep 12, 2014
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
POLARA69,

Thanks for taking out sometime & replying to my query. Yes Indeed you are right Its actually me whos gona decide how & what to do. Well, the reason of is to know whats in demand in canada? Well, Of course I am not big shot with heavily loaded of Bank balance.

I have somewhat $250,000 as in cash & I am more on to finanacing the business through any financial institute & kick off with a business of around $300,00 - $ 400,00.

Now as far as a nature of business is concerned, I am pretty much open to anything, I was more likely to open a Nandos in Australia but somehow i dont have any plans to stay here for long & it will be pretty bludge to run something when i know i wont be staying that long. My first priority will some good franchise, either fastfood, automotive parts or gas station. wheres as for non franchise I can go for an educational centre that has short courses, security, certificates etc

Newtone,

Well do you mean a public transport i.e. Taxis ? what does it look at, investment, procedure?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I would forget about investing in a taxi service in Toronto. It is literally impossible to secure taxi licenses.

singhabhishek251

Jun 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think that the web based business would be better and this will need a small amount of money to invest, you can start with web design, development, and internet marketing.
I can even help you in this regard and can have a contract signed for the same to work better in the future.

Haiderzaidi

Sep 12, 2014
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how about a business worth around $100,000 . Any good suggestions ?

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I mean if you can come up with an alternative transportation system, like new toll road or railway system. I know the cost would be a few billion dollars but the profits should be much better

brainmoore

Oct 25, 2014
I am working in the internet marketing industry, so I have noticed that there are many opportunities in internet marketing on overseas, so one can try for the same it can good business to start on with less investment.

TeddyXYZ

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-06-2014
Dude don't get me wrong but even if I would have an idea for a business I wouldn't tell you I would do it myself :D

Don't forget that fastfood is very iffy just because there is a lot of competition plus it's hard to find staff so you have to be there almost 24/7.

Web design would be a great idea. If you know how to do it there are so many possibilities and as my buddy mentioned above you will need small amount of money to start.

Haiderzaidi

Sep 12, 2014
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No dear I have no clue about the web designing. Any other suggestions.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Haiderzaidi said:
how about a business worth around $100,000 . Any good suggestions ?
I don't think there are any businesses you can start for just $100,000 - unless you have several other partners who are also going to be contributing money to start the business.

TeddyXYZ

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-06-2014
There is an idea. Buy a truck and go to the north of Alberta to all the camp sites, collect plastic bottles&cans and sell it. You should get nice $$$ in a short time.

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
brainmoore said:
I am working in the internet marketing industry, so I have noticed that there are many opportunities in internet marketing on overseas, so one can try for the same it can good business to start on with less investment.
Please share with me the dynamics of Internet marketing. How does it work?

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OP didn't respond since 11/2014, so it could be assumed that he is gone.

For all others who are still curious:

$250K in cash is not too bad for someone who wants to start a business in Canada.

There are many options out there (look for business brokers and businesses for sale in Canada).
Key is to be knowledgeable and know what one is getting into. Or else, it could be a path to quickly burn all the savings in failing enterprise or, worse yet, be outright defrauded.

Banks generally will not finance anything that is not secured by the collateral. So, while Banks may help to finance equipment and real estate (if one wants to own RE), they won't finance the business per se, based on past performance or else.