+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are these caips notes ?

uncychopper

Jul 28, 2009
I see you all talk about some CAIPS notes quite regularly . What are these ? Also , it has been 8 weeks since my last contact with the visa office in Sydney. My case is still being processed apparently. I really want to find out what is happening. Is it advisable to contact them and ask for an update ? would this irritate them ? should I just leave them alone ?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
8 weeks is nothing. Leave them alone and let them do their work.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your CAIPS notes would typically be ordered only after your application has passed normal processing time or you had an interview. You've already asked this question many times before. They DO NOT routinely contact you. Yes, contacting the visa office just to check in and see how things are going will piss people off. As you've already been told, processing time in Sydney is 3 to 9 months so that means you should not expect a response before that time so just sit back and RELAX!!

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Looks you are getting frustrated too early. There are so many discussions from people waiting over 3-4 months to hear something from the visa office.
quote author=uncychopper link=topic=24189.msg131743#msg131743 date=1250902382]
I see you all talk about some CAIPS notes quite regularly . What are these ? Also , it has been 8 weeks since my last contact with the visa office in Sydney. My case is still being processed apparently. I really want to find out what is happening. Is it advisable to contact them and ask for an update ? would this irritate them ? should I just leave them alone ?
[/quote]

uncychopper

Jul 28, 2009
Well Wilson It was actually sent originally in May to CPC-M and then processing started in outland office on June 22nd , so its been nearly 4 months since originally sending the application. Also if I had a clue as to how long a reply would be , I could plan the next 6 months. ie: will I take a 6 month job in Australia or stay in New Zealand and wait for a reply?

lesintheuk

Jan 9, 2009
3-9 month processing time only begins once the OUTLAND office (Sydney) receives your file, it does not include CPC-Mississauga's timeline. So really, you have only been waiting 2 months out of a possible 3-9 months.