+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are the type of updates you can see from CIC website regarding your PR?

weirdduck

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
My lawyer said that we are not able to see if the medical was completed or not from online. because everything is proceeded offline?

How come some people on forum find out what specific day their medical was passed or not?

I know you can get AOR via email but what are other things?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If your lawyer is acting as your representative, they should be able to see the status of your medical exam through the GCKey or Representatives Portal.

You can attempt to create a GCKey account and link your application to it, but if your lawyer has it linked to their account, you may not be able to do so.

The medical aspect does require your panel physician to have been able to use the e-health system to submit your results. If they did not and are instead submitting them by paper, it may be more complicated. That being said, I believe they are required to do it online.

weirdduck

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
If your lawyer is acting as your representative, they should be able to see the status of your medical exam through the GCKey or Representatives Portal.

You can attempt to create a GCKey account and link your application to it, but if your lawyer has it linked to their account, you may not be able to do so.

The medical aspect does require your panel physician to have been able to use the e-health system to submit your results. If they did not and are instead submitting them by paper, it may be more complicated. That being said, I believe they are required to do it online.
my lawyer is being my representative, and he claimed he can't see any updates regarding medical request....

Like you said lots of my friends also said the same thing as you.

edenfair

Star Member
Feb 29, 2020
I don't use a lawyer but man...I hope you can get a refund/credit or something. The whole point in paying for a lawyer is so they do the heavy work and keep you as well-informed as possible. I'd feel so cheated.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
I don't use a lawyer but man...I hope you can get a refund/credit or something. The whole point in paying for a lawyer is so they do the heavy work and keep you as well-informed as possible. I'd feel so cheated.
Exactly! So many posts I see here the consultants/lawyers don't seem so competent. It's definitely better to do the applications ourselves. It's not like in US where you need to have an immigration lawyer.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
My lawyer said that we are not able to see if the medical was completed or not from online. because everything is proceeded offline?

How come some people on forum find out what specific day their medical was passed or not?

I know you can get AOR via email but what are other things?
You can check on eCAS. You don't need to have an account to do so. You just need your application number. Then you put the sponsor's last name (exactly how it was written on the application), their date of birth and country where they are born. You check from the PA side: if it says, medical received, it means the PA passed.