+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what are the requirements for Inland PR

arorahemant81

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018
Hello everyone, I am a newbie here.
we got married in India in March and now my wife got her TRV from India. Can we apply her inland ?
few q's-
She should resign from her job before coming as visitor? or take leave come and resign from here?
What questions would be asked to her at airport? we had not initiated her outland PR- will that be questioned? how should or what should she reply if they ask why PR is not applied yet?
Do I need to have a job or some income to sponsor her?
Which is easy- Inland or outland.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
To apply Inland spousal sponsorship requires your wife to be inside Canada. You can apply for inland only when she is inside Canada.

Either option is okay.......but if i were her, i will take leave, enter Canada and resign from Canada.

She should say she just visiting.

There is no specific income-cut-off (LICO) for spousal sponsorship...........if you are not working, you are required to provide an explanation on a separate sheet of paper to show how you plan to support the person your are sponsoring.

Both Inland and Outland NDVO take around 12 months ........process completion time is on a case basis.

Last edited:

arorahemant81

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018
To apply Inland spousal sponsorship requires your wife to be inside Canada. You can apply for inland only when she is inside Canada.

Either option is okay.......but if i were her, i will take leave, enter Canada and resign from Canada.

There is no specific income-cut-off (LICO) for spousal sponsorship...........if you are not working, you are required to provide an explanation on a separate sheet of paper to show how you plan to support the person your are sponsoring.

Both Inland and Outland NDVO take around 12 months ........process completion time is on a case basis.
And if CBSA ask her at airport why she has not applied for PR yet.
And if she resigns before coming, what to answer to CBSA about going back having resigned from work already.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
if i were her, i will take leave, not resign from work until enter Canada and resign while in Canada.

arorahemant81

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018
if i were her, i will take leave, not resign from work until enter Canada and resign while in Canada.

but if they ask why not applied for PR yet? what to say?

also later on when we apply her inland, cic will check with her employer about her work experience verification, but if she resigns from here her employer will not do her full and final settlement until she does proper handover.

Also, I think she can not travel back to India until her PR gets completed.

Should she get her police clearance & medical done before she travels to Canada.

what are the possible questions CBSA officer may ask her as she is lil nervous for that

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
1.) but if they ask why not applied for PR yet? what to say?

----- she just visiting and not decided yet.

2.) also later on when we apply her inland, cic will check with her employer about her work experience verification, but if she resigns from here her employer will not do her full and final settlement until she does proper handover.

----- I can understand she wants her full and final settlement after she does proper handover.....that's okay......its your call.

3.) Also, I think she can not travel back to India until her PR gets completed.

----- if you apply Inland sponsorship with OPW.....ensure you send the application package when her visitor status is valid......if the OWP application is received and your application is not returned the OWP will give her implied status.......you may consider applying for visitor visa extension to be safe until you receive AOR.

4.) Should she get her police clearance & medical done before she travels to Canada.

----- Upfront medical exam is currently not allowed......IRCC will send the request for medical exam later in the process....refer...checklist.

5.) what are the possible questions CBSA officer may ask her as she is lil nervous for that

----- She must not look nervous.....been nervous will raise suspicion and more questions.....she must be calm and don't say until asked.
CBSA may ask basic questions like why are you visiting and maybe how long you plan to stay, etc.......review previous threads on this site.

arorahemant81

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018
1.) but if they ask why not applied for PR yet? what to say?

----- she just visiting and not decided yet.

2.) also later on when we apply her inland, cic will check with her employer about her work experience verification, but if she resigns from here her employer will not do her full and final settlement until she does proper handover.

----- I can understand she wants her full and final settlement after she does proper handover.....that's okay......its your call.

3.) Also, I think she can not travel back to India until her PR gets completed.

----- if you apply Inland sponsorship with OPW.....ensure you send the application package when her visitor status is valid......if the OWP application is received and your application is not returned the OWP will give her implied status.......you may consider applying for visitor visa extension to be safe until you receive AOR.

4.) Should she get her police clearance & medical done before she travels to Canada.

----- Upfront medical exam is currently not allowed......IRCC will send the request for medical exam later in the process....refer...checklist.

5.) what are the possible questions CBSA officer may ask her as she is lil nervous for that

----- She must not look nervous.....been nervous will raise suspicion and more questions.....she must be calm and don't say until asked.
CBSA may ask basic questions like why are you visiting and maybe how long you plan to stay, etc.......review previous threads on this site.
Thanks. So, is that ok if she resigns from Canada and full & final is pending- does this affect her background check when we apply inland PR?

OWP takes how much time. she has multiple 2 yrs visa.

And what to do with Police clearance- she should get from India before her travel to Canada for visit? or else how to do from here?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
where she resigns shouldn't have any effect on background check.

OWP takes 2 to 4months to approve......pay the correct fees (100+155=255)......apply when she remains in visitor status, need to approve OWP.

She has multiple 2 yrs visa......she is allowed multiple entry within 2 years but each entry 6months.....you may apply for extension.

How to get a police certificate - India

arorahemant81

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018
where she resigns shouldn't have any effect on background check.

OWP takes 2 to 4months to approve......pay the correct fees (100+155=255)......apply when she remains in visitor status, need to approve OWP.

She has multiple 2 yrs visa......she is allowed multiple entry within 2 years but each entry 6months.....you may apply for extension.

How to get a police certificate - India
Link says, people who are in delhi, can get it onine. So does this mean she can request for it before she comes to Canada and we file application within a week she arrives in August end?

Does CIC gets the information about advance police verification and is it objected to do in advance?

klimbo13

Aug 8, 2018
There is one major difference between inland and outland sponsorship: where your spouse is currently residing. If you are a canadian permanent resident or citizen looking to sponsor someone who is not currently living in Canada, then you can apply for the outland sponsorship stream. A downside to using this stream is that until your application has been approved, living with your spouse may be difficult. However, your spouse can apply for a temporary visa to come to Canada while his or her outland sponsorship application is being processed if they choose. showbox tutuapp Mobdro