+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are the Proof of Fund documents..

Indu GP

Star Member
Oct 14, 2018
What are the mandatory documents and other documents i need to add.. I am accepting money from my father as gift deed.so what are the documents i need???

shah22393

Nov 6, 2017
You need to showcase funds in your account only approximately 7.5 lacs INR. That is what I have showed and I am a single applicant.

Hope it helps.

P.S:- The account should be under your name and not a joint account.

Indu GP

Star Member
Oct 14, 2018
You need to showcase funds in your account only approximately 7.5 lacs INR. That is what I have showed and I am a single applicant.

Hope it helps.

P.S:- The account should be under your name and not a joint account.
Thank you.. I did deposit the money..Now i need to know what are the documents i need to upload as a proof of this

shah22393

Nov 6, 2017
Your bank statement on the letter head of the bank saying the amount of funds present in your account. That's it for financial funds that you have to show.

PS :- You need to carry $13,000 when flying to Canada, the officer sometimes do ask you for the proof.

Indu GP

Star Member
Oct 14, 2018
Your bank statement on the letter head of the bank saying the amount of funds present in your account. That's it for financial funds that you have to show.

PS :- You need to carry $13,000 when flying to Canada, the officer sometimes do ask you for the proof.
Thank you... can you suggest a sample

shah22393

Nov 6, 2017
is that necessary... i am thinking of getting a 6 months statement seperatly
The average account statement balance, is to prove that you've not borrowed money from elsewhere, however, in my case, I haven't uploaded that, since I have borrowed that money from my father.

aspirant89

Star Member
Oct 20, 2015
Hope you have also included the Gift deed affidavit. I am not aware of the part about separate statement, may be some one else can help with clarifying it.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html
Quoting from CIC

"
Letter(s) must:

• be printed on the financial institution’s letterhead
  • include their contact information (address, telephone number and email address)
  • include your name
  • list outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans
  • include, for each current bank and investment account:
    • account numbers
    • the date each account was opened
    • the current balance of each account
    • the average balance for the past six months"

Reactions: Indu GP

Indu GP

Star Member
Oct 14, 2018
The average account statement balance, is to prove that you've not borrowed money from elsewhere, however, in my case, I haven't uploaded that, since I have borrowed that money from my father.
i am also borrowed money from my father..so i dont need to add my average balance in the reference letter...right?