+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are the penalties for answering a question wrong and then correcting it on the next application?

taknev

Dec 9, 2019
So I was denied a student visa to the US back in 2017 (that's my first application) and I got my visa the second time. However, I failed to disclose it in the form IMM5709e (study permit extension) because I assumed the question "Have you ever been denied a visa or permit for canada or any other country or territory?" applied to Canada only (my mistake, I didn't read the question properly) and I answered it no. So now I am being extra careful in my post-graduate work permit application and answered it as yes this time explaining the details. Do I need to include a letter of explanation on why I answered no in the previous application? Kindly let me know!

taknev

Dec 9, 2019
Yeah better to be truthful and say you made a mistake than them finding out you lied deliberately.
So attaching a letter of explanation would suffice? or do I need to submit a case enquiry for changing the details on my approved study permit form?