+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are the next steps after AOR?

w3rlgn

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Hello all!
What are the next steps after AOR is received? And what’s the timeline like? I know that the steps are AOR, then fingerprints, then citizenship test and then oath, but do these things happen quickly after AOR or is it just when CIC tells you to do them?
Those of you here that are citizenship process experts, if you could please let me know that would be of great help to me! Thank you in advance :)

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all!
What are the next steps after AOR is received? And what’s the timeline like? I know that the steps are AOR, then fingerprints, then citizenship test and then oath, but do these things happen quickly after AOR or is it just when CIC tells you to do them?
Those of you here that are citizenship process experts, if you could please let me know that would be of great help to me! Thank you in advance :)
You can check timelines in below tracker. My understanding is that it usually takes few days between each step & looks like backlog has increased a lot since Covid lockdown.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U27V95kWlCVYWB0zye7DvqoXSkyqxgbA31eEJ_TKO6Y/edit#gid=1723141943

w3rlgn

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Thank you for the tracker! Is anyone able to add me in? I noticed some October applicants also received their AOR so it seems pretty random, they don’t seem to be doing them in order of receiving them which is slightly odd.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for the tracker! Is anyone able to add me in? I noticed some October applicants also received their AOR so it seems pretty random, they don’t seem to be doing them in order of receiving them which is slightly odd.
Have you already applied? If so, you can go to respective thread & someone will be able to add you to tracker.