+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are the good house rental websites in Canada?

Bettaa

Nov 22, 2017
Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
20/11/2017
Doc's Request.
nil
Nomination.....
nil
AOR Received.
20/11/2017
IELTS Request
na
File Transfer...
20/11/2017
Med's Request
not needed
Med's Done....
22/10/2017
Interview........
not needed
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting

Bettaa

Nov 22, 2017
Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
20/11/2017
Doc's Request.
nil
Nomination.....
nil
AOR Received.
20/11/2017
IELTS Request
na
File Transfer...
20/11/2017
Med's Request
not needed
Med's Done....
22/10/2017
Interview........
not needed
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting

Bettaa

Nov 22, 2017
Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
20/11/2017
Doc's Request.
nil
Nomination.....
nil
AOR Received.
20/11/2017
IELTS Request
na
File Transfer...
20/11/2017
Med's Request
not needed
Med's Done....
22/10/2017
Interview........
not needed
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
BLOGS
This is where the black hole always gets me – in the blogosphere. There are just so many great, smart people to follow that it’s hard to know where to start (or my case, where to stop). I didn’t want to reinvent the wheel by creating my own list, so instead I am including a link to a list compiled by Toronto realtor Jamie Sarner. He’s done a really thorough job of ranking the 50 best real estate blogs in Canada in 2014. It is very comprehensive and includes a good representation of blogs/websites from across the country.

1. http://jamiesarner.com/toronto-real-estate/2015/02/top-real-estate-blogs-in-canada/
As good as Jamie’s list is, a couple of my favourite go-to sites slipped past him and were not included:

1. RevNyou.com: I love this site for so many reasons. First of all, it has a TON of up-to-date, relevant information on a huge range of real estate issues. Whether you want to find how to find (or break up) with a joint venture partner, get started in Rent To Owns, write better rental ads, or become an area expert, RevNYou.com has it all (and everything in between, too!) by way of articles and video posts.
  2. mrhamilton.ca: The realtor behind the successful Mr. Hamilton brand, Erwin Szeto, rocks. He is crazy smart and has a great blog in which he posts regular articles about the state of the real estate market in Southern Ontario.
  3. biggerpockets.com is a social network for the real estate investing community. Here you can learn about real estate investment, get free tips & education, make deals, and grow your real estate business.
  4. therealestaterenegades.com or www.rockstarinnercircle/blog: The motto of these Oakville brothers, Tom and Nick Karadza is “Your Life. Your Terms.” They have an excellent site full of relevant articles as well as vlog posts.
REAL ESTATE NEWS
It’s always important to stay current with the most up-to-date real estate news, and these sites will help you do that. Many offer an online sign-up that will deliver daily news highlights straight to your mailbox. That’s what I do, and it makes me feel like I always have my finger on the pulse of the latest real estate news.

1. canadianrealestatemagazine.ca
  2. repmag.ca (Real Estate Professional)
  3. renx.ca (Real Estate News Exchange)
  4. canadarealestateadvisor.ca
COOL WEBSITES FOR REAL ESTATE INVESTORS
There are zillions of cool sites, and I couldn’t possibly list them all. What I will do, though, is regularly include cool sites that I discover through my newsletters (so be sure to subscribe at Invest In Student Rentals). Here are a few great ones to start with:

1. Need a survey for your home? No need to leave your house to get one. www.Protectyourboundaries.ca
  2. Virtual staging for your property. Yes, you read that correctly. Instead of renting expensive furniture, you can have furniture digitally added to your online photos. So, even though the house remains physically empty, the online photos show your house with its best foot forward.
  3. walkscore.com. Is an awesome, useful site which could also easily have found its home in the “due diligence” or “rent comparison” section. A home’s “walk score” gives a great indication of how walkable (read: desirable) the property is to local amenities, attractions and transit.
NETWORKING
  1. The best networking site by far in my opinion is meetup.com. On this site you can find any type of group under the sun. It doesn’t matter whether you’re looking for other real estate investors or palm readers. You can find these and any other hobby or interest group you can think of.
UP-AND-COMING REAL ESTATE INVESTING SITES TO WATCH FOR
There are lots of new sites out there, and below are some of my faves. Yes, the last site on the list is my own site, www.InvestInStudentRentals.com. Be sure to join my online community, as I will be offering regular articles and video blogs to keep my subscribers up-to-date and informed.

1. financialnirvanamama.com
  2. leasetoownhomes.ca
  3. mikeeden.ca
  4. sasreig.com
  5. StudentRentalInvesting.com
  6. InvestInStudentRentals.com