+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are the disadvantages of taking admission in private colleges?

vikkiranag

May 25, 2012
What are the disadvantages of taking admission in private colleges or colleges not registered under Government because i read one of a comment here on this forum citing that taking admission in private colleges are risky like you can't work 20 hours, u cant apply for PR as well as PGWP after completing study is it true?

please help me..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You won't qualify for an off campus work permit. And you won't qualify for a post graduate wokr permit which will make it more difficult to qualify for PR.

vikkiranag

May 25, 2012
please help me regarding this i am intending to take admission in STANFORD INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE, TORONTO

should i i apply to this college? please please help me

Shall i be able to work off campus if i apply there?

usmaaan

Jun 18, 2012
vikkiranag said:
What are the disadvantages of taking admission in private colleges or colleges not registered under Government because i read one of a comment here on this forum citing that taking admission in private colleges are risky like you can't work 20 hours, u cant apply for PR as well as PGWP after completing study is it true?

please help me..
1: you cant apply for off-campus work permit after six months.
2: you will not be able to get postgraduate work permit so which is main route towards PR.
3: you cant apply for provincial nomination based on ur qualification.
4: there high chances that education quality in private colleges will not be good enough.
5:Its very difficult to obtain visa for private colleges.

vikkiranag

May 25, 2012
Ok tell me STANFORD IS PRIVATE COLLEGE if i change my college after arrival and move to government registered college? can this be done?

usmaaan

Jun 18, 2012
vikkiranag said:
Ok tell me STANFORD IS PRIVATE COLLEGE if i change my college after arrival and move to government registered college? can this be done?
yeah,it could be done,but make sure
1: what r your college's refund policy.
2: will you be able to get visa based on this private college.

Lize

Star Member
Jan 26, 2012
vikkiranag said:
That would be the easiest part. First , you have to get the visa in order to change your college at arrival, and your college selection won't certainly help you to do it.

Change it before applying to the visa.

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
vikkiranag said:
After so much replies and everyone making you aware of the drastic results that could happen when you go to this college, why will you go to this college?

1. It will be extremely rare case if you get the visa.
2. After getting visa you will have to pay all tuition and living costs by yourself.
3. After you finish your studies, you will have to comeback to your home country.

If this course which you are taking in the mentioned college is worth taking this much risk, then buddy go for it, we are with you.

Reactions: Greatflosh3950

vikkiranag

May 25, 2012
Thnx for your valuable comments folks.. can anybody let me know whether (stanford international college) is registered under government or not?

n suggest me some govt registered colleges to applied for..

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
vikkiranag said:
Thnx for your valuable comments folks.. can anybody let me know whether (stanford international college) is registered under government or not?

You can find the list here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp

usmaaan

Jun 18, 2012
vikkiranag said:

It is a comprehensive list of all public universities and colleges http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp
just make sure ur college name is on this website.

trumpet8

Jun 21, 2012
vikkiranag said:
Thnx for your valuable comments folks.. can anybody let me know whether (stanford international is registered under government or not?

Hey, you can have a look at a list in cic.gc.ca. I guess you already have a couple of same links and so I don't wanna mess you with same details. Just ensure that your college name is listed there.

sengarkhushi

Jan 10, 2014
taking admission in private colleges?

I am an Indian Registered Nurse and want to study 2years ( cost is aprx CAD 25,000) in private college, so can I apply successfully for Spouse Visa , or there will be any chances for Spouse visa rejection,he is IT Engineer and did his MCA degree, if works there in open work permit, Can we apply afterwards for PR ? our main motto is to settle down in Canada... Can anyone suggest me what is the best way?? I wil be very thankful to all ,please help me :eek: :eek:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Re: taking admission in private colleges?

sengarkhushi said:
I am an Indian Registered Nurse and want to study 2years ( cost is aprx CAD 25,000) in private college, so can I apply successfully for Spouse Visa , or there will be any chances for Spouse visa rejection,he is IT Engineer and did his MCA degree, if works there in open work permit, Can we apply afterwards for PR ? our main motto is to settle down in Canada... Can anyone suggest me what is the best way?? I wil be very thankful to all ,please help me :eek: :eek:
If your goal is PR and for your spouse to get an OWP - then you should avoid private colleges. Pick a public college or university instead.

There is always a chance of rejection for a spousal OWP. The chances of rejection are higher if you are attending a private college.