+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are the chances of rejection after eligibility ‘met’?

longjohn

Sep 1, 2017
greetings,

My friend recently called CIC and the agent said that his eligibility has been met but security and other things haven’t started. (VO Ottawa)
It’s been almost 5 months since AOR. He was initially worried that his NOC might mismatch. Now that the eligibility has been met, what are the chances of his application eventually getting rejected?

Thanks for reading it through!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
greetings,

My friend recently called CIC and the agent said that his eligibility has been met but security and other things haven’t started. (VO Ottawa)
It’s been almost 5 months since AOR. He was initially worried that his NOC might mismatch. Now that the eligibility has been met, what are the chances of his application eventually getting rejected?

Thanks for reading it through!
Unless he has a criminal history the chances of rejection are very less

Reactions: longjohn

longjohn

Sep 1, 2017
My homeboy is clean as a whistle! No criminal history I mean. Thanks for your input cansha. Eligibility met means they already looked at his proof of work and found it satisfactory?

akkoajangajang

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-01-2019
Nomination.....
30-01-2019
AOR Received.
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
12-04-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2019
LANDED..........
30-09-2019
They haven’t started security screening and it’s been five months already? Is that normal? I thought most applications get processed within 6 months (and their official estimate from the website says the same).

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
Hi @cansha i have a similar query and wanted to know if you could help with your experience.

I spoke to an agent last week to check the status of my eligibility and was told that my application is at advanced stage and everything else is done except security which is in process and “shouldn’t take long”. Do you think this means that I can expect a decision soon or there are still chances of this getting prolonged for another few months?

Details in my signature. Appreciate your time on this.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
They haven’t started security screening and it’s been five months already? Is that normal? I thought most applications get processed within 6 months (and their official estimate from the website says the same).
This is more and more common these days and you're not alone. Their 6 month clock supposedly starts from R10 completeness check date. If you have ordered notes you can see this clearly but more often than not this will coincide with your MEP status. Till June last year R10 used to happen about 2 weeks from AOR date which now takes about a month for most cases.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi @cansha i have a similar query and wanted to know if you could help with your experience.

I spoke to an agent last week to check the status of my eligibility and was told that my application is at advanced stage and everything else is done except security which is in process and “shouldn’t take long”. Do you think this means that I can expect a decision soon or there are still chances of this getting prolonged for another few months?

Details in my signature. Appreciate your time on this.
From my personal experience and based on experiences of many others on this forum information from call agents is not always a very reliable source. I don't know what to make of "Advanced stage". Unless you specifically asked status of your Eligibility, Criminality and Security and agent confirmed all these were completed, it is difficult to say anything. But, I hope agent is correct and you get to hear something soon. Given your AOR I would say you would be extremely lucky if your application is already in advanced stages. All the best!

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
From my personal experience and based on experiences of many others on this forum information from call agents is not always a very reliable source. I don't know what to make of "Advanced stage". Unless you specifically asked status of your Eligibility, Criminality and Security and agent confirmed all these were completed, it is difficult to say anything. But, I hope agent is correct and you get to hear something soon. Given your AOR I would say you would be extremely lucky if your application is already in advanced stages. All the best!
Thanks a lot. The agent had informed that eligibility is recommended passed and criminally is also completed while security is in process. So that’s what got me wondering though I’m only 3 months into the process.

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Thanks a lot. The agent had informed that eligibility is recommended passed and criminally is also completed while security is in process. So that’s what got me wondering though I’m only 3 months into the process.
If u haven’t received ppr 2-3 months after your eligibility is passed thn u r most likely in SS

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
If u haven’t received ppr 2-3 months after your eligibility is passed thn u r most likely in SS
Thanks. I’m not sure when my eligibility was passed but given my AOR it should be very recent. Let’s hope I’m not in SS.

akkoajangajang

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-01-2019
Nomination.....
30-01-2019
AOR Received.
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
12-04-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2019
LANDED..........
30-09-2019
This is more and more common these days and you're not alone. Their 6 month clock supposedly starts from R10 completeness check date. If you have ordered notes you can see this clearly but more often than not this will coincide with your MEP status. Till June last year R10 used to happen about 2 weeks from AOR date which now takes about a month for most cases.
Gotcha. The R10 stage is not indicated on your profile, is it? It’s a pity that the only way to know when you get into that stage is to order GCMS notes. I suppose one could just wait for the medicals passed to be indicated on the profile.

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Did you find out from your GCMS notes that you're in SS? What did they say to indicate this? Thanks.
S15 was mentioned security related activities were redacted.

However, having that on gcms doesn’t necessarily means u r in SS. U need cbsa notes to confirm it. In cbsa notes word SS is clearly mentioned if u r in SS