+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are the chances of obtaining a PR Visa even if someone is illegal in USA?

nowayjos

Jun 14, 2010
I know this subject has been discussed before but each case is different. Is it really possible to obtain a PR Skilled Worker Visa even though the applicant has been out of status in USA for almost than 16 years, overstayed a tourist visa twice with 2 legally entries. Being illegal is not easy anymore. Could you please share your thoughts and experiences bases on this case. Passed marks with 71, more than a year experience in a NOC occupation, not criminal record. Will my experiencie count even if I work while being illegal ? I don't mind going back to my country of origin to finish the process, but could I start the process in USA ?, that way it would be easier to get the clearences and references. I just wanna know if it is possible tecnically and in reality. I would like to hear some truth experiences about it. Hopefully I can hear good news. Thank you.

radek99

Sep 25, 2009
My friend had the similar situation, illegal in USA 5 years, he applied in Buffalo, USA, but they rejected his application and he had submit his appllication in country where he is the citizen. And also they wanted to explain his status in USA. And at the end he was supposed to have a interview.

nowayjos

Jun 14, 2010
Thank you, I need more examples or thoughts please. This is the only chance I have now to settle my life.

me2land

Aug 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have seen someone in here with an overstayed visa and been granted Canadian PR from Buffalo. I can't locate the thread now. You have entered the U.S. legally and don't have criminal records. That speaks a lot to Canadian immigration officers. Also overstaying a visa is not a criminal offese in the U.S.
I say give it a shot, you have nothing to lose. Good Luck

¬m2l

ayarrk

Star Member
Jul 29, 2009
Dear Nowayjos...

The Best way is........

1. Go back to ur country and apply for..PP
2. get the fresh and new passport (make sure no US thread attached or marked/comments etc ON PASSPORT)
3. Show some exp. working in ur home country ( DO NOT SAY A WORD ABOUT USA )
4. GOOD LUCK

preetdhillon4u

Star Member
May 22, 2010
NEW YORK
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2010
AOR Received.
4 NOV 2010
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
Awaiting
Dear nowayjos

Please read out all the instructions about eligibility....

1. you shud have atleast of one year continous legal stay in U.S ,no matter if you are out of status now.
2. secondly u shud meet all requirements about the 67 points...
3. No your illegal work here ,will not count as experience...you should produce the payroll...esp if you showing ur work experience in U.S.

Otherwise if you are confident enough about your eligibility and experience..it can be better if you apply from your country...

Don't go to Lawyers,,they are crooks ,,,they will show u hope and will confiscate you forever.....

nowayjos

Jun 14, 2010
@ preetdhillon4u: My work in US was done through a regular payroll process; I can even get a employment verification letter, I have the pay stubs and w2 forms; it is just that my employer did not know that I was illegal. I know I have to do it from my country, but I was just thinking of sending the initial CIO documentation to Nova Scotia from US, before I leave, since It would be easier to to gather the FBI & police clearances here (in the US) as well as other reference from previous jobs. Thank you for your comments.

@ayarrk Thanks for your comments, but I found hard to hide 16 years of my life, I even have roots in US.

Thank you all, but I still believe there is someone out there that had a similar situation that I would really like to know how they did it.

Last but not least , thanks to Met2land for this comment "I say give it a shot, you have nothing to lose. Good Luck", it gave me some hope.