+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are the chances of getting student visa approve at the age of 32

Nolan@789

Aug 30, 2022
Got admission in post graduate certificate supply chain management after completing my bachelors business administration in 2012 then applied for New Zealand student visa for graduate in business management got study permit then working in New Zealand till June 2018 left the country while having valid work visa come back to home country after that till now working and recently got admissions in sask polytechnic In January 2023 haven’t applied for visa yet. I’m just worried with this recent refusal and being 32 years old. Not sure if I can make it or not.

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2021
LANDED..........
19-04-2021
I did bachelors in computer science in India. Worked for 8 years in IT and management. Applied to master of management program in Canada, and got in. I turned 31 when I was in my first semester of the program. The age is not a problem. A classmate in the same program was in his early 40s. He had a masters degree prior to this program.

The intent matters. In your case you did your BBA in India. Then went to NZ for a Post-Graduate program in business and worked there for a few years. You showed you put whatever you learned into practice, which is important. It shows growth. Then you went back to India and worked. That's good too.

Congratulations on getting into the Post-Graduate program in Supply Chain Management. Did you study SCM as a subject in your bachelors, or your previous post-graduate degree in NZ? I'm asking because it is important that you explain your motivation for studying SCM , and studying in Canada at this point in your life. How is that going to help you grow? These are important questions you need to answer to prove your intent. The one benefit you have (in my opinion) is that you worked in between your degrees. You worked in NZ, and then you worked for a few years in India, before choosing to study in Canada (now).

Make sure your SOP reflects your intent, your career goals carefully. I hope this helps. :) .

EDIT - BTW, what university/college did you get into? That kinda matters too.

Reactions: Nolan@789

Nolan@789

Aug 30, 2022
Thank you so much for reply and share your thoughts. I have got accepted in Saskatchewan polytechnic and no I have not study SCM earlier in my previous academic but there many subjects in the course that I have studied in past like marketing management and production and operations management and strategic management that are similar in the SCM and the many reason for SCM as it’s an backbone of any business and is to become a total package as having experience of and studying management and SCM is great for either for getting well paid job in Home country or starting my own Business. But I think I still have to make more solid ground in my SOP.

Reactions: RamSatt

Nolan@789

Aug 30, 2022
Btw forget to mention in earlier comments I have some experience in past working in warehouse job that’s can be plus point.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Got admission in post graduate certificate supply chain management after completing my bachelors business administration in 2012 then applied for New Zealand student visa for graduate in business management got study permit then working in New Zealand till June 2018 left the country while having valid work visa come back to home country after that till now working and recently got admissions in sask polytechnic In January 2023 haven’t applied for visa yet. I’m just worried with this recent refusal and being 32 years old. Not sure if I can make it or not.
It depends with your profile, looks like you have graduate in business management and you want to do another graduate in supply chain and you hold Bachelor Degree... progression will be the biggest challenge to overcome/purpose of visit

Reactions: Nolan@789

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
I got a study permit being 33 yo. I have a bachelor's, 7+ years of work experience, applied for a graduate certificate, and got approval. I built a strong SOP, showed a bit more than the required funds, and strong ties to my home country. Age is one important factor for approval or denial, but it's not the only one.

mtosan

Star Member
May 19, 2022
I’m 38 and got recently approved for SP and to bring my family.

I have 16 years work experience. Just make sure that it is clear in your SOP why your are studying. In my case taking up SCM will offer career progression into the role that I wanted.