+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are the chances of getting a Canadian student visa who previously was in Express entry pool?

Ali_Baba

Nov 10, 2019
Hi All,

I am a 33 years old Indian post graduate who has done Masters(Electronics System Design) from UK nine years ago and moved back to India and I've been working with a corporate company for last five years in India. Now I intend to do Masters in Data Science in Canada. My job profile is closely related to Data analytics hence the choice of Data Science. Four years ago, I applied for Express Entry and was in the pool but never seriously took interest in it. It has been inactive for more 2-3 years now. So will this affect my chances of getting student Visa in Canada?

Regards

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
It will cause a more stringent review, certainly. You will need to mention the fact that the profile existed and you never took interest in it.

Ali_Baba

Nov 10, 2019
It will cause a more stringent review, certainly. You will need to mention the fact that the profile existed and you never took interest in it.
Thanks for the reply, Will they be aware of my express entry profile without me mentioning about it? I already started with my application process.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for the reply, Will they be aware of my express entry profile without me mentioning about it? I already started with my application process.
An EE profile is not an actual application to IRCC; it is simply putting your name into a pool. It is not asked in the app.