+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are the chances of Express Entry denial?

Art2020

May 13, 2020
Hello, right now I am waiting on my application been processed. I was wondering, what are the chances of the application been refused even if I already gave my biometrics?

Also, I have been asked to submit new information/documents regarding my marital status. But when I visit my MyCIC account, I don't see an upload option for extra documents. I have been given 7 days to complete it, if I don't, will my application get rejected due to incompletion?

johnnycyrille

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
If you are able to submit the requested documents within the 7 days than do it because otherwise it will cause more delays. If yo can't, you can raise a webform and wait for them to respond.

Also, to answer your first question, if all the information you provided and gained points for are verifiable then there is no reason for refusal.

Art2020

May 13, 2020
Thank you for your fast reply. I tried looking for a form but I didn't find one. Would I need to write a letter with as many details as possible? Also, I was following their website where I can upload the documents, but I could not find a button or a place for uploading one. Do you know if there is a place where I can upload it?

That's good to know. I guess in my mind if they are asking for it, I better upload it to be on the safe side.

santab

Sep 15, 2018
Thank you for your fast reply. I tried looking for a form but I didn't find one. Would I need to write a letter with as many details as possible? Also, I was following their website where I can upload the documents, but I could not find a button or a place for uploading one. Do you know if there is a place where I can upload it?

That's good to know. I guess in my mind if they are asking for it, I better upload it to be on the safe side.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

johnnycyrille

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
In case they didn't provide you with a form in the email and there's no additional placeholder in your account for upload, just send the information through webform. Santab has provided the link.

Reactions: Art2020

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017

Make sure you answer every single question they ask. This kind of letter can be a bad sign - they don't like something about your application and are giving you a chance to respond.

What exactly did they ask you?

Art2020

May 13, 2020
So they have begun the process of my application and in order to make a decision, they require the information/document for me to confirm my marital status. Within my application when I was submitting it, I answered my marital status saying that I have a common-law partner who is not coming with me to Canada as she is a Canadian citizen. There was a time when we have submitted common-law partner sponsorship, but then we withdraw it as I was invited to apply for PR under EE.

Also, if I have all the required documents that show get me the passing CRS score, how can something like this small effect my application?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
So they have begun the process of my application and in order to make a decision, they require the information/document for me to confirm my marital status. Within my application when I was submitting it, I answered my marital status saying that I have a common-law partner who is not coming with me to Canada as she is a Canadian citizen. There was a time when we have submitted common-law partner sponsorship, but then we withdraw it as I was invited to apply for PR under EE.
OK, then provide all the proof they are asking for. For common-law you need to show emails, messages, pictures etc to confirm that your relationship is indeed real.

Art2020

May 13, 2020
I was wondering, how can this affect my application? I used an online CRS tool calculator and I have specified that I have a common-law partner who is a Canadian citizen. It didn't affect my CRS points. So I guess what I am confused about, is if I do have a valid CRS score, how can something like this small affect my application?

johnnycyrille

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
I was wondering, how can this affect my application? I used an online CRS tool calculator and I have specified that I have a common-law partner who is a Canadian citizen. It didn't affect my CRS points. So I guess what I am confused about, is if I do have a valid CRS score, how can something like this small affect my application?
It's not always about the CRS score. Some information about you and your situation are required to be on your file. Don't worry.