+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are the chances for people who booked ielts in June, July, August for the new streams

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
We don't know, many websites "predict" that the student stream will close within May. I'm optimistic it'll be summer by the time it closes because most people have been applying for CEC now that there's low cutoff scores and IELTS/CELPIP have limited testing capacity.

mikeymyke

Apr 24, 2021
To be honest, I think the spots for the temporary workers will go extremely quickly, probably done in a few days. The students on the other hand, probably will be done within a month or two is my opinion for the following reasons:

1) Some students have left Canada during COVID without graduating, and it would be difficult to return here in order to work due to having to apply for a work permit or student visa again(working is a requirement for this pathway stream),
2) Lots of students likely are a bit late on booking the English tests. Even those who graduated a few years ago also have to do the same thing, so I imagine the English test will be the #1 bottleneck for those trying to get in.
3) Students need to be employed (some are out of work). Will they also know that they need an employment letter, NOA, T4s, paystubs as well?
4) The applications will likely require a police certificate, translated and all. If students don't try to get one ahead of time, they may be behind others who have already got theirs.
5) The applications will most certainly require a medical exam, some clinics are currently booked solid.

My personal opinion is if your test is booked in May, you're almost certainly guaranteed a spot. June is so-so. July and beyond you're likely out of luck

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
To be honest, I think the spots for the temporary workers will go extremely quickly, probably done in a few days. The students on the other hand, probably will be done within a month or two is my opinion for the following reasons:

1) Some students have left Canada during COVID without graduating, and it would be difficult to return here in order to work due to having to apply for a work permit or student visa again(working is a requirement for this pathway stream),
2) Lots of students likely are a bit late on booking the English tests. Even those who graduated a few years ago also have to do the same thing, so I imagine the English test will be the #1 bottleneck for those trying to get in.
3) Students need to be employed (some are out of work). Will they also know that they need an employment letter, NOA, T4s, paystubs as well?
4) The applications will likely require a police certificate, translated and all. If students don't try to get one ahead of time, they may be behind others who have already got theirs.
5) The applications will most certainly require a medical exam, some clinics are currently booked solid.

My personal opinion is if your test is booked in May, you're almost certainly guaranteed a spot. June is so-so. July and beyond you're likely out of luck

I hope for the students it'll remain open at least till mid July.

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
If that won't work for me I'll go for EE, CEC because in Sept I'll finish 12 months of my noc B job.

jasz_blr

May 28, 2018
If that won't work for me I'll go for EE, CEC because in Sept I'll finish 12 months of my noc B job.
It is not the end of the world. There will be many draws happening in future. You will get it today or tomorrow. Make the best use of the time which is in your hand. Focus on getting good bands so that it boosts your CRS score. If not this draw then by Sept you will clear it with CEC. Don't stress and enjoy life. Since, you are already here so you will get it trust me.

Reactions: SatNight

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
It is not the end of the world. There will be many draws happening in future. You will get it today or tomorrow. Make the best use of the time which is in your hand. Focus on getting good bands so that it boosts your CRS score. If not this draw then by Sept you will clear it with CEC. Don't stress and enjoy life. Since, you are already here so you will get it trust me.
Thank you for your kind words, I appreciate it. I hope I'll get in by this new stream or CEC by the end of this year.

Reactions: jasz_blr