+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are the advantages of the Quebec PR over the express entry

salimb

Oct 29, 2015
Hello there,

I am currently in Toronto with a post graduate work permit:

- 26 male, married
- 5 years at UBC for a computer science degree
- 1 year of work in Toronto (and still working full time)
- TEF Canada score: Reading C1, Listenning C2, Writting C1, Speaking C2

My plan is to move to Montreal at the end of 2017, but I can't apply for CSQ and the Skilled worker until April 2017.
Therefore I am thinking about applying for the Express Entry (I heard there will be extra points awarded for people who studied in Canada, and I might take an English test as well)

My wife is a Neuroscience Master Student In Montreal:

- 26, French
- Has a Medical degree from Romania
- 8 months in Toronto as visitor, moved to Montreal for the master, has been studying for 4 months now
- Fluent in English and French

My Wife told me that people holding the Quebec PR pay less in tuition than people with a Canadian PR. is that true? is there any other advantage?
My wife is planning on doing med school in Quebec again. Therefore paying less in tuition is important.

She should be done with with her master by the end of 2017.
Our Goal is to both have the PR by January 2018.

My question is:
If I apply for the Express Entry now, can she apply for the Quebec PR saying that her husband has the Canadian PR? if yes what program can she apply for?

Should I wait until April and apply for both of us?

Should she wait for the PEQ?

Thank you!

Saj123

Star Member
Mar 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova scotia/ ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2016
AOR Received.
29-04-2016
Med's Request
31-08-2016
Med's Done....
02-09-2016
salimb said:
Hello there,

I am currently in Toronto with a post graduate work permit:

- 26 male, married
- 5 years at UBC for a computer science degree
- 1 year of work in Toronto (and still working full time)
- TEF Canada score: Reading C1, Listenning C2, Writting C1, Speaking C2

My plan is to move to Montreal at the end of 2017, but I can't apply for CSQ and the Skilled worker until April 2017.
Therefore I am thinking about applying for the Express Entry (I heard there will be extra points awarded for people who studied in Canada, and I might take an English test as well)

My wife is a Neuroscience Master Student In Montreal:

- 26, French
- Has a Medical degree from Romania
- 8 months in Toronto as visitor, moved to Montreal for the master, has been studying for 4 months now
- Fluent in English and French

My Wife told me that people holding the Quebec PR pay less in tuition than people with a Canadian PR. is that true? is there any other advantage?
My wife is planning on doing med school in Quebec again. Therefore paying less in tuition is important.

She should be done with with her master by the end of 2017.
Our Goal is to both have the PR by January 2018.

My question is:
If I apply for the Express Entry now, can she apply for the Quebec PR saying that her husband has the Canadian PR? if yes what program can she apply for?

Should I wait until April and apply for both of us?

Should she wait for the PEQ?

Thank you!
There is a significant difference in fees. Quebec residents pay less. In your case the best option would for her to apply for PEQ with you as her dependent. Since you speak French it would be easier for you to show your intention of living in Quebec even though you are working in Ontario.

techLover

Aug 29, 2016
Other than fee amount difference (Quebec Resident pay less), is there any other advantage or any disadvantage ?

cmack

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2016
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
04-11-2016
File Transfer...
06-12-2016
Med's Request
13-01-2017
Med's Done....
24-01-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2017
LANDED..........
July-2017
Did you try the Express entry calculator to get your estimated score? I am not sure about the fee part however the Express entry fee is equal to the federal one post CSQ. But I can see you are after a different program.

So just a thought. From a timeline perspective, PR from an express entry can be obtained within 6 months from ITA (approximately).

Mchd12

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Barquisimeto, Venezuela
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
techLover said:
Other than fee amount difference (Quebec Resident pay less), is there any other advantage or any disadvantage ?
you certainly need to have more funds and be more qulified. Aniother aspect to take into account in processing times.

Of course on a second note, living in quebec Vs. living in Toronto should draw the most defining differences my friend.

techLover

Aug 29, 2016
Mchd12 said:
you certainly need to have more funds and be more qulified. Aniother aspect to take into account in processing times.

Of course on a second note, living in quebec Vs. living in Toronto should draw the most defining differences my friend.
Dude, which one you think is better, life in Quebec or Toronto? Why?