+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are some tips for getting a multiple entry visa instead of single entry?

samsho39

Jun 13, 2015
Surrey, BC
App. Filed.......
11/20/2015
Doc's Request.
4/4/2016
AOR Received.
1/19/2016
Med's Done....
9/7/2015
I'm applying for a multiple entry visa for my mother to come to Canada because I am expecting a baby and she has recently been widowed. It would be best if she can get a multiple entry visa because she can visit me every year and see the baby. I am a permanent resident and my husband is a citizen of Canada.

I understand that whether she gets a single-entry or a multiple-entry visa is at the discretion of a visa officer. Maybe there are some things I can include (for example in the letter) that will increase her chances of getting a multiple-entry visa?

She doesn't have properly/land in Sri Lanka. Is there an amount that she can show in the bank?

Any tips will be much appreciated!

P.S. I have looked into applying for a super visa but I hear it has a much longer processing time? Baby is coming in April this year and that's when we want my mom to come as well.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm applying for a multiple entry visa for my mother to come to Canada because I am expecting a baby and she has recently been widowed. It would be best if she can get a multiple entry visa because she can visit me every year and see the baby. I am a permanent resident and my husband is a citizen of Canada.

I understand that whether she gets a single-entry or a multiple-entry visa is at the discretion of a visa officer. Maybe there are some things I can include (for example in the letter) that will increase her chances of getting a multiple-entry visa?

She doesn't have properly/land in Sri Lanka. Is there an amount that she can show in the bank?

Any tips will be much appreciated!

P.S. I have looked into applying for a super visa but I hear it has a much longer processing time? Baby is coming in April this year and that's when we want my mom to come as well.
What kind of ties does your mother have to Sri Lanka? What kind of savings does she currently have that comes from her earnings or previous family savings. Just putting money in her account doesn’t help. Has she travelled internationally to places like Australia, US, etc.? I think supervisa is a much better option.

samsho39

Jun 13, 2015
Surrey, BC
App. Filed.......
11/20/2015
Doc's Request.
4/4/2016
AOR Received.
1/19/2016
Med's Done....
9/7/2015
What kind of ties does your mother have to Sri Lanka? What kind of savings does she currently have that comes from her earnings or previous family savings. Just putting money in her account doesn’t help. Has she travelled internationally to places like Australia, US, etc.? I think supervisa is a much better option.

I appreciate your response. My mother is Sri Lankan and has her two other children (my siblings) and her parents living with her. Her entire extended family is in Sri Lanka too. She runs a small catering business. She hasn't travelled to the US or Australia. She lived in Pakistan for about 20 years until 2012 because my late father was running a business there. She has been in Sri Lanka for 8 years (from 2012 to date) after returning from Pakistan.

Why is supervisa a better option? Please explain