+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are some possible reasons the OWP might be delayed?

SoulBrotha

Feb 26, 2019
I know I may be jumping the gun here a little bit because the processing time is 3-5 months, but seeing that others who have submitted their inland PR+OWP applications after have mine already had their OWP's granted, I've become a little nervous about what's going on.

I try to tell myself that it's because my situation is a little complicated. I fell out of status on February 28, but a month prior I submitted a visitors extension app via paper. I have heard nothing back from that, and I am somewhat expecting it to be returned or ignored because I didn't hand-sign it along with my electronic signature. That's the reason my original PR+OWP app was returned.

I re-applied in March, and applied to restore status as a worker on the same form as the OWP, paying all of the correct fees.

Could the restoration process be why it's taking longer than others?

And does IRCC send visitor extensions back in the mail due to mistakes like that, or do they just ignore them?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
They will tell you if your application was rejected for any reason.

It's only been two months since you re-applied. You still have two months to go for the long end of the usual range for OWP!

I imagine your case will also require some special attention to ensure you were actually in status when you applied.