+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are reasons to why a Sponsor & the Sponsored are rejected?

AmeriCanada

Apr 30, 2012
Hi, all I have been an avid reader for several months now and this forum has helped me out greatly. I finally decided to be apart of this community :) Now on to my question:

My boyfriend and I are deciding on getting engage and marry this year at city hall. But I question if the situation we are in would risk us for being rejected. Our relationship is 100% genuine. We have been together for 14 months and I have lived with him & his family for 5 months in Canada. He has also met my parents several time. Now my concern is that:

I know my boyfriend as the sponsor, wouldn't have to meet an income requirement so I believe he would be approved. He works a steady job and is going to school. His parents has been very active in saying they would help us out if we needed. My bf is also in his early 20s, 23 years old. Would there be anything that would NOT make him be approved?

Okay so I am not really worried MUCH with my bf being approved, however I am scared that I won't be. I have a high school education (took a yr off from school) and I don't have a job(I'm searching). I am also 19 years old. Could my young age and my inexperienceness be a problem? I stress this because I was denied entry once (& voluntarily withdrew my app to enter Canada) and as I was being rejected the IO said he would have let me in if I was 25 or something.

After our city hall wedding we hope to apply for spousal sponsorship, but I also wonder if we do not have the typical wedding (wedding ceremony etc) would that be looked down upon? We really want our wedding to involve both sides of our family so that is why we are putting it off.

So yeah that is everything for now. If anyone can give me reasons to why sponsors and people being sponsored would be rejected for that would really help. I'm just scared and I really want to be with my boyfriend. Thanks all! :) And oh we are planning on applying Outland.

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Not having a major wedding ceremony is fine and quite normal. Not everyone wants to spend a lot of money on a major ceremony, so this shouldn't be a problem.

As for your eligibility, I don't think your age is a problem. I'm not sure why the IO would say what he/she did...but take it with a grain of salt.

When you do get engaged, make sure to document the event with photos, etc. Same goes for when you get married.

Your bf having a job is a plus, even though there is no financial requirement.

It's your responsibility to prove that your relationship is genuine, so provide every possible piece of quality evidence you have...not doing so will cause delays and possible rejection.

As for the reasons why sponsors get rejected...well...first of all this is not very common. As long as the sponsor meets the eligibility requirements as set out in the guide, there shouldn't be a problem. If your bf has been bankrupt, in receipt of financial assistance (welfare), or has been convicted of a violent crime (with a 10 year sentence), problems...if not, you have nothing to worry about other than the lengthy processing times for sponsorship approval.

There are several excellent threads here with loads of information on what others have submitted with their IMM forms. I suggest you do a bit more reading and try to get a general plan for what you will do, then once that is done, post back with your plan so others can give more detailed advice.

Good luck!

FS

phoisgood

Jul 23, 2011
I'm 21 and my husband is 20. He has a part-time job and goes to university and i have a high school education (just like you :p). We had a very small civil ceremony too.

My application has already been accepted through Canada. I have an extra step to go through now because i'm in the province of Quebec...

Good luck :)