+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are my options?

wannaknowitall

Star Member
Jul 19, 2021
Ontario
Hey! Posting on behalf of a friend.

My friend has obtained a 4 year Bachelor Degree in Computer Science. He has since opened a small business and worked in IT for over a year (1.5 total experience), so he does have experience needed for Express Entry.

He has applied for Express Entry before, but they fucked up his points on their end so he got declined. He only figured out that the mistake was on their end when appeal time ended. Then he tried to apply through TR to PR (English Grad), but payment system was broken so he ran out of time and did not make it. Then he tried through Express Entry again and there have not been any draws since. He is worried that now the score will be so high, he won't get it and his PGWP running out this October.

Please suggest what else are we missing? Are there any options for him at all? He has been in Canada for 10 years now, high school, university and now PGWP. He pays taxes. Leaving now is such a blow. The lawyer he talked to just said wait for express entry maybe you'll get lucky and get on time... MP did not help either.

Please help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey! Posting on behalf of a friend.

My friend has obtained a 4 year Bachelor Degree in Computer Science. He has since opened a small business and worked in IT for over a year (1.5 total experience), so he does have experience needed for Express Entry.

He has applied for Express Entry before, but they fucked up his points on their end so he got declined. He only figured out that the mistake was on their end when appeal time ended. Then he tried to apply through TR to PR (English Grad), but payment system was broken so he ran out of time and did not make it. Then he tried through Express Entry again and there have not been any draws since. He is worried that now the score will be so high, he won't get it and his PGWP running out this October.

Please suggest what else are we missing? Are there any options for him at all? He has been in Canada for 10 years now, high school, university and now PGWP. He pays taxes. Leaving now is such a blow. The lawyer he talked to just said wait for express entry maybe you'll get lucky and get on time... MP did not help either.

Please help.
Read up on the most recent announcements. He will be able to extend his PGWP by 18 months.

Reactions: wannaknowitall

Daria13

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2023
I am looking into this 18 months PGWP extension, but once i fill up thee online questionnaire i only get visitor visa. Should i put current status as a student? I heard some people did that in the past.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am looking into this 18 months PGWP extension, but once i fill up thee online questionnaire i only get visitor visa. Should i put current status as a student? I heard some people did that in the past.
It's too early to apply for the 18 month extension. That application process hasn't opened yet.

Reactions: Daria13