+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are my chances of getting a University?

Feb 9, 2016
Hello,
I'm currently in 8th semester of my B.Tech in Mechanical and Automation Engineering.
I want to pursue Masters in Engineering management or related field from Canada. I haven't written GRE/TOEFL yet.
There's an issue, I have had 6 backlogs up till now and I'm unsure about one of them. I hated Microprocessors and I might flunk in it for the second time too. :(
For the rest 5, I believe I'll clear those. Also, I had done a Project (BAJA SAE India) for a whole year related to Mechanical field which is why I got backs :(

Here's my profile:
10th CGPA: 8.6
12th percentage: 79.2%
UG till 6th sem: 68.61% (6 backlogs)
2 Internships
No full time work experience.

What are my chances of getting admission in a University? I want to do Masters instead of going for a PG diploma.
Also, will it be a problem for me to get visa? I'll try my 100% to score above 310 in GRE and atleast 7 in IELTS.
I'll really appreciate any guidance.
Please help. :-[
Thank you in advance.

rajantakiar

Feb 10, 2016
well you should focus more on getting good bands in ielts, gre is not compulsary in canada. And try to get your %age above 70, then you might can get into uVic, Uof regina, dalhousie university, windsor university or brock university. There are plenty of options if your degree is on 70% but you need clear all your backlogs first.
Best of LUCK !! ;) :)

rajantakiar

Feb 10, 2016
And one more thing, admission is not guaranteed in any university, they check your profile thoroughly. Its just an idea where people get admissions with this much marks.

Feb 9, 2016
OK thank you for your reply. :)
I have a small doubt though- How many months do we get to find a job in Canada after the completion of a 2 year PGD course?our
Thank you :)