+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are my chances of getting a second ITA after declining the first?

gseran

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Hi all,

MY CRS is 463 and I received an ITA nearly a month back. Although I have all the documents in place, I'm not in a position to move to Canada in the next 10 months. I have a few things to sort out before I can move there. Since the Visa is only valid for a year since medical report, I'm wondering if I should do this after a month which will buy me 4 more months.

So I'd like to know what are my chances of getting another ITA in the next two months with 463?

Thanks!

omarimam

Apr 11, 2016
Ottawa-Ontario
NOC Code......
gseran said:
Hi all,

MY CRS is 463 and I received an ITA nearly a month back. Although I have all the documents in place, I'm not in a position to move to Canada in the next 10 months. I have a few things to sort out before I can move there. Since the Visa is only valid for a year since medical report, I'm wondering if I should do this after a month which will buy me 4 more months.

So I'd like to know what are my chances of getting another ITA in the next two months with 463?

Thanks!
With the current score trend you should be fine, but you never know whats happening tomorrow.

Thanks

gseran

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Thanks imam +1.

So if I decline now, would it straight away be back in the pool or do I have to enter it again?

And do you know how often a draw happens? And when the next likely draw is?

Thanks!

omarimam

Apr 11, 2016
Ottawa-Ontario
NOC Code......
gseran said:
Thanks imam +1.

So if I decline now, would it straight away be back in the pool or do I have to enter it again?

And do you know how often a draw happens? And when the next likely draw is?

Thanks!
Like DelPiero07 said it happens once every two weeks "most probably on a Wednesday". Next one is expected to be Feb 22nd.

Good luck!

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
gseran said:
Thanks Delpiero, +1d you before so can't do it again. Thanks omar.
Right now the CRS is 447. What you can do is decline ITA untill scores go above 455. Once it cross 455 accept ITA. May be you get some more time. But take positive risk keeping a track on CRS every draw.

gseran

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Thanks bestofluck.

It just occurred to me, I've completed my form and trust me it was hectic. Will I have to fill out the form from the top again if I decline the ITA now?

Thanks!

saina0830

Jan 4, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Done....
23-03-2017
Passport Req..
20-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-04-2017
gseran said:
Thanks bestofluck.

It just occurred to me, I've completed my form and trust me it was hectic. Will I have to fill out the form from the top again if I decline the ITA now?

Thanks!
Yes unfortunately you have to fill it up again. I just finished doing it

Tej9999

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
gseran said:
Hi all,

Thanks!
Better drop your file 10 days before the 90 days period...

Since you are outland it will take 6 to 8 months .... looking at the current trend of many ITA's being issued...

so it will be close to your timeline...

do not Decline your ITA.... you never know if the scores go up.... it will be Harsh on you

gseran

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Thanks Saina.

Tej9999 said:
Better drop your file 10 days before the 90 days period...

Since you are outland it will take 6 to 8 months .... looking at the current trend of many ITA's being issued...

so it will be close to your timeline...

do not Decline your ITA.... you never know if the scores go up.... it will be Harsh on you
I agree. I waited nearly 10 months to get this, will be a shame if I decline and never get another chance. I suppose I can handle not having enough time here than not having an invite. Thanks Tej.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You do know, that you can just do short landing (going to Canada for a few days) and they you will go back and finish what you need to finish before moving there for good.

gseran

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
vensak said:
You do know, that you can just do short landing (going to Canada for a few days) and they you will go back and finish what you need to finish before moving there for good.
Yes, I know. I may have to eventually do that. It's just that that's a costlier option and I will have to forgo work for as long as that will take. But thanks for the suggestion.