+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What after PRTD?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Well it means you can use your COPR as proof of your immigration status which is permanent resident.

So you don't need to get a PR card until you can fulfill your residency obligations.

This is the safest bet.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Ya.. right Thank you
You will likely have problems renewing things like a health card without a valid PR card. No matter what after a long absence they are required to apply for health cards again. The rapid PRTD means they didn’t actually go through the H&C process and the agent just read their PR card expired and they couldn’t leave due to covid. If their case had truly been reviewed for H&C it would have taken much longer. It really depends on whether they don’t meet their RO because they didn’t return to Canada in March. If they were not compliant with their status in March it becomes riskier to apply for new PR cards when they come back to Canada and haven’t met their RO.

salkab

Apr 9, 2015
Hi, my husband and MIL got their PRTD in dec. their PR card expired on March 2020 but due to lockdown they couldn’t apply renewal. Also they did not meet the residency obligation but got PRTD approved on H&C grounds.
what is the process after reaching canada? Do they have to reapply for PR cards? As all other ID proofs also expired. And they have other present Canadian ID. What should be the further process? Please guide.
i have no idea that PRTD is R1 or RC1
So did you apply for PR Card renewal? If yes, did you get the renewed PR card?

Mary2022No17

Nov 17, 2022
Hi, my husband and MIL got their PRTD in dec. their PR card expired on March 2020 but due to lockdown they couldn’t apply renewal. Also they did not meet the residency obligation but got PRTD approved on H&C grounds.
what is the process after reaching canada? Do they have to reapply for PR cards? As all other ID proofs also expired. And they have other present Canadian ID. What should be the further process? Please guide.
i have no idea that PRTD is R1 or RC1
hey, if you don't mind me asking, what H&C grounds reasons did you put in your PRTD application and got approved?