Feb 22, 2019
India
Hey guys,
I cleared my IELTS (General) in March 2019 and scored :
Listening = 8.5
Speaking = 7.5
Reading = 7.0
Writing = 7.0...
I then sent my documents to ECA WES and received their response yesterday which states:
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY = Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years).

So, as per CRS tool, in the level of education, what should i consider as per the summary i received ?
A) Bachelor's degree OR
B) Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees.

Because selecting either will have a great change of final scores.

Also, few more questions related to this process, which i will post in my next updates.

Hank07

Nov 27, 2018
Chandigarh
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
8.5, 8.5, 7, 7.5
Hey guys,
I cleared my IELTS (General) in March 2019 and scored :
Listening = 8.5
Speaking = 7.5
Reading = 7.0
Writing = 7.0...
I then sent my documents to ECA WES and received their response yesterday which states:
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY = Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years).

So, as per CRS tool, in the level of education, what should i consider as per the summary i received ?
A) Bachelor's degree OR
B) Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees.

Because selecting either will have a great change of final scores.

Also, few more questions related to this process, which i will post in my next updates.
Selecting "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees" will give you more points, so you should definitely select that.

Reactions: kunalmistry.1990
Feb 22, 2019
India
Right,
So now on selecting the option "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees" , my CRS score is 468.
How about the following steps, before creating my profile :
1) Is it advisable to search for a job before entering the pool ?
2) What is the best portal where one can find jobs related to mechanical and automobile engineers for immigrants, especially India ?
3) Express Entry pool or Provincial Nomination program - WHICH IS MORE EFFICIENT IN TERMS OF JOB OPPORTUNITiES ?

Hank07

Nov 27, 2018
Chandigarh
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
8.5, 8.5, 7, 7.5
Right,
So now on selecting the option "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees" , my CRS score is 468.
How about the following steps, before creating my profile :
1) Is it advisable to search for a job before entering the pool ?
2) What is the best portal where one can find jobs related to mechanical and automobile engineers for immigrants, especially India ?
3) Express Entry pool or Provincial Nomination program - WHICH IS MORE EFFICIENT IN TERMS OF JOB OPPORTUNITiES ?
1. No, you can keep looking for a job if you want to, but you don't really know how long would it take for you to actually get the PR and land there, so I would leave that for later.
2. Indeed, Kijiji, Linkedin, Canada jobseekers.
3. You get picked up from the Express Entry Pool for PNP or, if i rephrase it, you'll need to be in the express entry pool to be eligible for PNP, I hope this answers your question.

Reactions: kunalmistry.1990
Feb 22, 2019
India
1. No, you can keep looking for a job if you want to and you don't really know how long would it take for you to actually get the PR and land there, so I would leave that for later.
2. Indeed, Kijiji, Linkedin, Canada jobseekers.
3. You get picked up from the Express Entry Pool for PNP or, if i rephrase it, you'll need to be in the express entry pool to be eligible for PNP, I hope this answers your question.
Yes Hank07,
Totally appreciate your prompt and satisfactory response to my queries.

So now the thing i will be doing is enter the express entry pool by paying the fees and wait for the ITA. Once i receive the ITA, i land up in Canada to any regions like Ontario, Manitoba, etc. and then search for a place to live and a job to work at..correct ????

Hank07

Nov 27, 2018
Chandigarh
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
8.5, 8.5, 7, 7.5
I believe you don't have to pay anything just now, you'll need to pay when you'll submit your documents post ITA. ITA, is just invitation to apply. It is just the beginning of the process, you can't go anywhere just now. Immigration process is long and slow.
Once you get AOR, you are eligible and you'll get a link to make a profile in Canada Jobseekers Portal, which is designed for the applicants. Yes, you can land in any province in FSW program but under PNP you'll have to go to the province who issued you the invite. You'll roughly have 6 months after AOR, you can look for jobs, work on your skills, whatever keeps your boat offshore.

If you want to have a look at what happens after you receive AOR, here's a link to that.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/post-aor-step-by-step.511257/

Feb 22, 2019
India
Im sorry but am i getting confused !?!!?!?!?!!

You are trying to say that right now when i create my profile for the express entry pool, i do not have to pay anything and once i get the ITA, i will have to pay the required fees of about CAD$ 1050 approx. ?

Hank07

Nov 27, 2018
Chandigarh
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
8.5, 8.5, 7, 7.5
Yes Hank07,
Totally appreciate your prompt and satisfactory response to my queries.

So now the thing i will be doing is enter the express entry pool by paying the fees and wait for the ITA. Once i receive the ITA, i land up in Canada to any regions like Ontario, Manitoba, etc. and then search for a place to live and a job to work at..correct ????
Im sorry but am i getting confused !?!!?!?!?!!

You are trying to say that right now when i create my profile for the express entry pool, i do not have to pay anything and once i get the ITA, i will have to pay the required fees of about CAD$ 1050 approx. ?
Yes, that is correct. There is no option in the EE profile just yet to pay the fee. Once you get the ITA and submit all the documents, then you'll need to pay the fee. There is an option where you can pay the PR fee which is 550 cad approx. (not too sure about that) at a later stage when they'll ask for your passport, but you'll need to pay 450 cad (again not too sure about the numbers) when you'll submit your documents post ITA.