+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What about the working hours after submitting your PR application?

Lisa_Visa90

Mar 7, 2013
Hi everyone,

I submitted my application already, now after reading so many threads I am worried if I might not have enough working hours, but I am still employed with the company I gained my working experience. So I was wondering, by the time they make a decision, do they even count the time I was working while waiting for my papers being processed (with valid working permit of course)? Thanks for your help :)

Lisa

shibinp

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2013
AOR Received.
23-04-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP - Sent with application
Med's Request
10-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
29-Jan-2014
I don't know how much hours/days you have shown in your "Schedule 8- Economic Classes – Canadian Experience Class [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 8]" form. If it is less than what is required, then you may need to re-submit. If you have an AOR number, email them and tell your situation.

all the best

GinnyPi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lisa_Visa90 said:
Hi everyone,

I submitted my application already, now after reading so many threads I am worried if I might not have enough working hours, but I am still employed with the company I gained my working experience. So I was wondering, by the time they make a decision, do they even count the time I was working while waiting for my papers being processed (with valid working permit of course)? Thanks for your help :)

Lisa
Typically, no. People have been rejected for being days or weeks short. For CEC, you are expected to qualify before you apply.

Lisa_Visa90

Mar 7, 2013
GinnyPi said:
Typically, no. People have been rejected for being days or weeks short. For CEC, you are expected to qualify before you apply.
Oh :eek: the thing is I have enough hours in my opinion, but it could be not enough hours in the visa officers opinion. Because I keep hearing how they sit down and take your NOA and calculate your hours. And if it's not "enough money" because maybe I got paid 1 or 2 dollars to little then they might think I didn't gain enough experience. Am I worrying too much or is that wrong what I think?

winter_love

Jan 2, 2013
Lisa_Visa90 said:
Oh :eek: the thing is I have enough hours in my opinion, but it could be not enough hours in the visa officers opinion. Because I keep hearing how they sit down and take your NOA and calculate your hours. And if it's not "enough money" because maybe I got paid 1 or 2 dollars to little then they might think I didn't gain enough experience. Am I worrying too much or is that wrong what I think?
Does your reference letter list last years & year-to-date earnings? They should be able to divide those with your hourly rate and figure out if you've worked the required 1560 hours.

GinnyPi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lisa_Visa90 said:
Oh! LOL, you're worrying too much :)
Your pay stubs should also show your hours or at least an hourly rate and a year to date amount. They should use the hourly rate with your NOA and paystubs to calculate your hours.
Suggestion for if you're worried: take the final paystub for each year that you worked, as well as your last paystub before the CEC application and calculate your hours directly on it, and scan and email this to CIC.

Lisa_Visa90

Mar 7, 2013
GinnyPi said:
Oh! LOL, you're worrying too much :)
Your pay stubs should also show your hours or at least an hourly rate and a year to date amount. They should use the hourly rate with your NOA and paystubs to calculate your hours.
Suggestion for if you're worried: take the final paystub for each year that you worked, as well as your last paystub before the CEC application and calculate your hours directly on it, and scan and email this to CIC.
my reference letter just has my approx. annual salary and the working hours (up to 40hrs a week). However I handed in also my two work contracts (the second work contract ends December this year and will be renewed again if I'm doing well) saying I make an approx. annual salary of ..... and up to 40 hrs a week. My paystubs don't show hourly rate though!Do you think that's fine?

winter_love

Jan 2, 2013
I think you're just over thinking this :) I'm in the same boat so I know how it is. I'm positive I've worked enough hours, but what if the processing officer thinks different and decides to decline my application without even giving a chance to prove otherwise?

Lisa_Visa90

Mar 7, 2013
winter_love said:
I think you're just over thinking this :) I'm in the same boat so I know how it is. I'm positive I've worked enough hours, but what if the processing officer thinks otherwise and decides to decline my application without even giving a chance to prove otherwise?
HAHAHAHA....OMG I can't put it any better into words. EXACTLYYYY :-*

GinnyPi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lisa_Visa90 said:
my reference letter just has my approx. annual salary and the working hours (up to 40hrs a week). However I handed in also my two work contracts (the second work contract ends December this year and will be renewed again if I'm doing well) saying I make an approx. annual salary of ..... and up to 40 hrs a week. My paystubs don't show hourly rate though!Do you think that's fine?
I think you're fine. Here's what I understand:
Letter shows that your employer will pay you X dollars in exchange for about 40 hours per week. Your NOA shows an income of X or more dollars for 2012. So you must've worked enough hours.

Lisa_Visa90

Mar 7, 2013
GinnyPi said:
I think you're fine. Here's what I understand:
Letter shows that your employer will pay you X dollars in exchange for about 40 hours per week. Your NOA shows an income of X or more dollars for 2012. So you must've worked enough hours.

Ok thank you so much. That just calmed me down a lot. I guess I am going crazy waiting for them to make a decision. And this is just the beginning OMG haha.. ::) I guess I need to stop sitting all day in front of my computer and reading all these threads, because they really make me question my papers a looooot hahahaha... sigh.. how do you guys overcome this hard time?

GinnyPi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's a nerve wracking process for sure. No special coping mechanisms, I just try to encourage others, thus distracting myself from my own worries.
Maybe you could invest in a really squishy stressball ::)

Lisa_Visa90

Mar 7, 2013
GinnyPi said:
It's a nerve wracking process for sure. No special coping mechanisms, I just try to encourage others, thus distracting myself from my own worries.
Maybe you could invest in a really squishy stressball ::)

I guess I should give the "really squishy stressball" a try ;). How long have you been waiting yet?

GinnyPi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lisa_Visa90 said:
I guess I should give the "really squishy stressball" a try ;). How long have you been waiting yet?
I submitted my CEC application right at the end of July 2012, but I've lived in Canada for almost 10 years.

Lisa_Visa90

Mar 7, 2013
GinnyPi said:
I submitted my CEC application right at the end of July 2012, but I've lived in Canada for almost 10 years.
hold on what???? you lived her already for 10 years and still have to go through this process like us "rookies"? :) How is that possible? So you are getting your decision soon, no? It's been almost 8 months.