Visa Office......
Beirut/Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Sept-2011
File Transfer...
Nov 24, 2011
My husband sent me money through Western Union to purchase a few things for our wedding etc..is it a good idea to show that WU reciept an explain why he sent me money? ( I am the sponsor...)

S

sahibzada_2010

yes its. you can say that he financially support you and sent you money also if the amount is too much attach a note and in say in it that he sent me this money for our wedding to purchase stuff on it....

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Tina85 said:
My husband sent me money through Western Union to purchase a few things for our wedding etc..is it a good idea to show that WU reciept an explain why he sent me money? ( I am the sponsor...)
Yes, proof of financial support is good, and explaining (and showing the receipts if possible) what you spent it on is good too.
The only potential problem is if the applicant sends a lot of money to the sponsor - which might look like the applicant is paying to be sponsored. I've seen this be an issue with an applicant from Nigerian (high suspicion of fraud in any case), and also one from China where the applicant gave the sponsor $20,000. If it is a reasonable amount, though, it should be seen as a positive.

Tina85

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut/Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Sept-2011
File Transfer...
Nov 24, 2011
Thanks all :)

SO Canadianwomen...I see your point! ya well my hubby sent me a couple of thousand dollars to purchase my wedding dress etc...so is that ok? In the appliocation it asks if the applicant is finiacially supported by the sponsor...no question asking the opposite so would it be in additional info on a separate sheet? Where I can show receipts of dress etc...and teh WU receipt of the amount sent? what do u think or should I just ignore it all together??

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
No, proof of financial support should be included, as it is almost always seen as a good thing. Include the WU receipts, and say that you spent the money on your wedding dress. You can show the receipt for that as well. It can just go in your general package of relationship proof. You could also mention it in your 'relationship letter', if you write one. It depends how you decide to organize your supporting documents.

Isometry

Aug 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 28 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 9 2012-->Feb 9 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 19 2011
Passport Req..
March 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 21 2012
LANDED..........
May 17th 2012
When my sponsor and I visited each other, the travelling person bought the tickets and the other sends them half the ticket price through PayPal. Would this count as financial support, and should evidence of it be included?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Definitely include this evidence somewhere in the application. You can include it as financial support, as long as you clearly explain what the money was for. I would just include it as part of the relationship evidence; either is OK.