+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Timeline/Tracking 2019

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hi,below is the time line for me but as per university they didn't receive anything from WES any suggestion! To whom I should contact...
Thanks for your kind support!!!
Documents reached by 22/05/2019 as per postal service update.
We received your document(s). We are reviewing your document(s).
Status updated: 24/5/2019
Status updated: 28/5/2019
We are waiting for your institution(s) to verify your documents.
Status last updated: 6/17/2019
You shouldn't be taking any action, WES takes around 2 calendar months to prepare your ECA. Apply for WES, send your documents and forget WES.

AB17

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
You submitted your application.
Updated 3/21/2019

Status last updated: 5/28/2019

Contacted University - No mail, no post. Contacted WES - Website, Twitter - shitty automated response.

Why they need secondary verification of a university which is in the list of "institution of national importance".

FcK Eu WES...to sugar coat this: keeping patience.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
You submitted your application.
Updated 3/21/2019

Status last updated: 5/28/2019

Contacted University - No mail, no post. Contacted WES - Website, Twitter - shitty automated response.

Why they need secondary verification of a university which is in the list of "institution of national importance".

FcK Eu WES...to sugar coat this: keeping patience.
They need to do a verification because many people have been caught with forged certificates, especially, from India. from both, "institution of national importance" as well as "institutes of not-so national important". Since the number of Indians with India degrees have been applying en masse, the number of forged documents submitted by Indians are also high, hence, stricter verification. This was not done until late 2018.

WES's turnaround time is around 35 business days, which is approx 2 calendar months, you should receive your ECA around that time frame.

Btw, what is your full WES timeline?

Reactions: sukham123

AB17

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
They need to do a verification because many people have been caught with forged certificates, especially, from India. from both, "institution of national importance" as well as "institutes of not-so national important". Since the number of Indians with India degrees have been applying en masse, the number of forged documents submitted by Indians are also high, hence, stricter verification. This was not done until late 2018.

WES's turnaround time is around 35 business days, which is approx 2 calendar months, you should receive your ECA around that time frame.

Btw, what is your full WES timeline?
Yes i am aware about that but that was applicable in cases where individual were sending transcripts. Now rules have been changed, university is sending transcripts. So what are they verifying exactly that the document came from university only. Absurd.

My application started on 21st March, 2019. For some time i maintained all the updates but recently i just deleted that excel. After the messy secondary verification process started. University says no mail no document received and WES says recipient is confidential and wait for 7 week

Now i just dont care about the completion.

Reactions: Indian786

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Yes i am aware about that but that was applicable in cases where individual were sending transcripts. Now rules have been changed, university is sending transcripts. So what are they verifying exactly that the document came from university only. Absurd.

My application started on 21st March, 2019. For some time i maintained all the updates but recently i just deleted that excel. After the messy secondary verification process started. University says no mail no document received and WES says recipient is confidential and wait for 7 week

Now i just dont care about the completion.

A lot of universities don't mail to WES directly [like DU and MU], even on a lot of insistence, instead, they hand over the transcripts to students, who have to mail it themselves to WES, so they mail those documents through the post office nearest to the university or the one inside the university.

WES is already aware of what the universities and students are doing, hence, the secondary verification. See, it is the country in a whole that has to suffer, you are not the only one who is being subjected to additional verification.

And yes, WES will not disclose the recipients to you, if they do, it beats the whole purpose of verification and secrecy. Verification requests are sent to institutions via email and by post, post can take up to 15 days to deliver and since we are not aware to whom the email has been sent to, there is very little chance that the clerks might be aware if they have received an email or not. Also, most government institutions prefer replying to WES via POST instead of email, that adds up to more processing time.

Indian786

Jun 17, 2019
A lot of universities don't mail to WES directly [like DU and MU], even on a lot of insistence, instead, they hand over the transcripts to students, who have to mail it themselves to WES, so they mail those documents through the post office nearest to the university or the one inside the university.

WES is already aware of what the universities and students are doing, hence, the secondary verification. See, it is the country in a whole that has to suffer, you are not the only one who is being subjected to additional verification.

And yes, WES will not disclose the recipients to you, if they do, it beats the whole purpose of verification and secrecy. Verification requests are sent to institutions via email and by post, post can take up to 15 days to deliver and since we are not aware to whom the email has been sent to, there is very little chance that the clerks might be aware if they have received an email or not. Also, most government institutions prefer replying to WES via POST instead of email, that adds up to more processing time.
My question is how would we know if really wes send our documents because it's my second time they put on hold and same answer my university telling me they didn't receive anything, now what to do.

navjotbindra

Apr 16, 2019
Hi guys,

My documents reached WES on 10th May 2019 (as per courier tracking).

The status changed to "in progress" on 16th May 2019.

And nothing since then. Status last updated remains 16th May 2019.

I understand it takes about 2 months, however is it normal to not get any update for over a month? I have seen people getting updates like "on hold" or status updates of expected evaluation completion date. But nothing for me.

My universities:
  • GGSIPU, Delhi (B.Tech)
  • FORE School of Management, Delhi (PGDM)
My question is 2-fold:
  1. Is it normal to not get any update for over a month?
  2. Is there anything I can do to expedite this? (tried emailing WES, however received a very irrelevant response - almost as if they responded to a different question )
Thanks in advance!

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
My question is how would we know if really wes send our documents because it's my second time they put on hold and same answer my university telling me they didn't receive anything, now what to do.
WES does send your documents for verification, that is why many people including me have been able to obtain their ECA's. WES has a good reputation, Government run Indian institutes do not.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hi guys,

My documents reached WES on 10th May 2019 (as per courier tracking).

The status changed to "in progress" on 16th May 2019.

And nothing since then. Status last updated remains 16th May 2019.

I understand it takes about 2 months, however is it normal to not get any update for over a month? I have seen people getting updates like "on hold" or status updates of expected evaluation completion date. But nothing for me.

My universities:
  • GGSIPU, Delhi (B.Tech)
  • FORE School of Management, Delhi (PGDM)
My question is 2-fold:
  1. Is it normal to not get any update for over a month?
  2. Is there anything I can do to expedite this? (tried emailing WES, however received a very irrelevant response - almost as if they responded to a different question )
Thanks in advance!

1. Yes, it is normal to not get an update for a month or so, I recently got my ECA, I did not get an update for almost 45 calendar days.

2. There is nothing you can do to expedite your ECA. Patience is the key.

Send your documents to WES and forget about it. Don't stress over WES, stress over IELTS (if you have not given already).

navjotbindra

Apr 16, 2019
1. Yes, it is normal to not get an update for a month or so, I recently got my ECA, I did not get an update for almost 45 calendar days.

2. There is nothing you can do to expedite your ECA. Patience is the key.

Send your documents to WES and forget about it. Don't stress over WES, stress over IELTS (if you have not given already).
Thanks for a speedy response. Done with IELTS and got CLB 10 That's why itching to jump into the pool - but you are right, I should trust the process and not stress over it!

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Thanks for a speedy response. Done with IELTS and got CLB 10 That's why itching to jump into the pool - but you are right, I should trust the process and not stress over it!
I get you. I got a CLB 9 but had not got my ECA, but there was nothing I could have done, so I just waited and chilled and binge watched Friends, HIMYM, Big Bang Theory.

imusi

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
Passport Req..
15-01-2020
Mine:

14 months MA in Australia (I didn’t include my Bachelor’s degree in the ECA)

May 24 ordered documents from university, express post, no tracking number.

May 31 WES update:

Status last updated: 5/31/2019

June 3 WES update:

Status last updated: 6/3/2019

Checked some of the completed timelines and I guess it will take at least another full month to get the report. Hope nothing goes wrong!

Wrote an email last week to WES to ask if they have received all the documents and received their response today saying that they have received and accepted all the documents. Just got an update online:

Evaluation in Progress

Your evaluation is in progress. You are not required to do anything at this time.
Your evaluation is due for completion on 7/10/2019

Finally!! So I guess sending email does work.