+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES timeline for 2018

Akots

Nov 6, 2018
They will update by 13th or 14th.This update on verification works the same way as queries on their web form,5 working days delay for everything.
My university confirmed me that they replied to wes last week only. Today i contacted wes and they stated they have not received any email.

I am pretty confident that my university people replied as they are very quick and I spoke to the head directly. It would be really impolite to ask them again or ask the details of the email. Knowing wes it seems they must have misplaced the email. I do not know what to do next.

Last edited:

nd8181

Nov 22, 2018
My university confirmed me that they replied to wes last week only. Today i contacted wes and they stated they have not received any email.

I am pretty confident that my university people replied as they are very quick and I spoke to the head directly. It would be really impolite to ask them again or ask the details of the email. Knowing wes it seems they must have misplaced the email. I do not know what to do next.
WES is a horrendous organization...prone to lying...let me share some of my experience in terms of timelines:

My application status went on hold (like most people nowadays)...After following up, my institute sent the verification email to WES on 10th Oct...the institute confirmed back the same to me through an email...On 11th October, I intimated the same to WES through Help Center query textbox thingie...though WES website claims they would typically respond back to queries within 24-48 hours, I did not hear back from them until 23rd October when I decided to pick up my phone and talk to them...they lied nonchalantly that they did not receive any email from the institute...And now I was wondering, has my institute mailed WES on a wrong email id and all other possibilities...Requested my institute to forward the verification email again to WES, which they did on 9th November...Yet again, WES claimed that they did not receive any...At one point in time, I had given up...They acknowledged the receipt only after 7 weeks...

Moral of the story: They will take their own sweet time and whenever you try reaching out to them, you will be served with blatant lies...

dhruv4477

Dec 13, 2018
Please help me in me and my wife's case:

MINE:

Documents Sent - 2/11/2018
Documents Delivered - 6/11/2018
Status Updated to In-Progress - 13/11/2018
Status updated to On Hold (Secondary Verification) - 28/11/2018
Status updated to In-Progress - 7/12/2018
Status updated to On Hold - 11/12/2018

What could be the reason of changing the status again to On Hold.

MY Wife's

Documents Sent - 2/11/2018
Documents Delivered - 6/11/2018
Status Updated to In-Progress - 13/11/2018
Status updated to On Hold (Secondary Verification) - 30/11/2018

We contacted my wife's university (Rajasthan Technical University), they said they haven't received any email from WES Canada.

What should be done in this case?
I am totally off-track now on how to get things done. Please help me in case anyone got their secondary evaluation done from RTU/AKTU/UPTU.

I have the same situation. in-fact exactly same. My time lines are almost similar with a pinch of salt that my post-graduation documents have been accepted but without graduation i can't proceed...which happens to be from Rajasthan University. I have also confirmed from the university that they have indeed sent the response but wes says they haven't received any response. Now not sure what to do.

AshishD

Dec 11, 2018
Dubai
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-02-2019
Med's Done....
16-02-2019
WES doesnt seem to have any customer focus. They publish 20 days time for completing their process once the documents are accepted by them. But there is no SLA before that and they seem to be taking full advantage of that as they dont have any commitments. My case:
All docs received by WES: 19th Nov afternoon (received by famous Maple)
Updated status about receipt of documents: 23rd Nov (who takes 5 working days just to update that)
Current status: We received your documents. We are reviewing your documents. (Since last 18 days)

After reading the reviews, I will not be surprised that they will ask for secondary verification after all this to further delay the process.

Tried calling them on international call yesterday and all I heard was "Our representatives are busy, we value your business" for 23 minutes before giving up (couldnt spend any more money on WES).

I can understand that they want to do honest evaluation and it will take 20 days and I respect that. But whatever they do before that is simply unacceptable. Lets see when this unprofessional organisation would respond back.
Now after 19 days they have asked for secondary verification. Looking at our experience, it seems that they do secondary verification if the transcripts were not sent directly by the University. They mention it in the final report issued to candidates under "Credential Authentication" as "Documents were verified by the institution" if secondary verification is done or as "Documents were sent directly by the institution" if docs were sent directly. This happened in my wife's case and same thing is happening in my case as well.

Nadsunny

Nov 30, 2018
Now after 19 days they have asked for secondary verification. Looking at our experience, it seems that they do secondary verification if the transcripts were not sent directly by the University. They mention it in the final report issued to candidates under "Credential Authentication" as "Documents were verified by the institution" if secondary verification is done or as "Documents were sent directly by the institution" if docs were sent directly. This happened in my wife's case and same thing is happening in my case as well.
Nopes. I disagree. I sent across my as well as my wife's documents myself. Her ECA completed in exactly two months while mine is still ON HOLD. The policy change @ WES regarding accepting documents directly from institution ONLY applies 1st December, 2018 onward.

AshishD

Dec 11, 2018
Dubai
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-02-2019
Med's Done....
16-02-2019
Nopes. I disagree. I sent across my as well as my wife's documents myself. Her ECA completed in exactly two months while mine is still ON HOLD. The policy change @ WES regarding accepting documents directly from institution ONLY applies 1st December, 2018 onward.
As per new process (if WES Reference number is generated after 1st Dec) they will not accept any document which is not sent out directly by the institution i.e. straight reject rather than asking for secondary verification. I am talking about cases where WES reference number was generated before 1st Dec and documents were not sent directly by institute. In case you have seen any other information under "Credential Authentication" section on WES report then please let us know as my estimate was basis our experience only.

Musatoyin

Dec 11, 2018
Wes finalised my evaluation yesterday but they didn't send me the PDF link to download the soft copy obline. What can I do?

Nadsunny

Nov 30, 2018
As per new process (if WES Reference number is generated after 1st Dec) they will not accept any document which is not sent out directly by the institution i.e. straight reject rather than asking for secondary verification. I am talking about cases where WES reference number was generated before 1st Dec and documents were not sent directly by institute. In case you have seen any other information under "Credential Authentication" section on WES report then please let us know as my estimate was basis our experience only.
Dear Ashish, let me elaborate and clear the air. In my case, I sent my and my wife's documents (sealed transcripts + passport copies etc) in two separate envelopes on the same day (30th September 2018) to WES. They acknowledged the receipt on 7th August, 2018. My wife's ECA report arrived on 7th October 2018 and there was no hiccup like RE-EVALUATION while in my case they sent me a mail updating that "We have sent a request to your institution for re-verification of your documents and will send a second reminder,in case, the institution does not reply within 7 weeks".

Now the funny thing is, both of us have completed our degree from the same university:confused::confused::confused: then why the differential treatment!!

Last edited:
Reactions: AshishD
Nov 30, 2018
Dear Ashish, let me elaborate and clear the air. In my case, I sent my and my wife's documents (sealed transcripts + passport copies etc) in two separate envelopes on the same day (30th September 2018) to WES. They acknowledged the receipt on 7th August, 2018. My wife's ECA report arrived on 7th October 2018 and there was no hiccup like RE-EVALUATION while in my case they sent me a mail updating that "We have sent a request to your institution for re-verification of your documents and will send a second reminder,in case, the institution does not reply within 7 weeks".

Now the funny thing is, both of us have completed our degree from the same university:confused::confused::confused: then why the differential treatment!!
Its too much. I just spoke to customer care and they donot care for the applicants and what i undestand once we send teh documents there is no way we cannot track the progress in this digital world.

Nadsunny

Nov 30, 2018
Its too much. I just spoke to customer care and they donot care for the applicants and what i undestand once we send teh documents there is no way we cannot track the progress in this digital world.
I too called up WES twice but its of no use and like I said in my earlier posts 'YOU CAN'T FAST TRACK IT' or even 'TRACK IT' :mad::mad::mad::mad:
Don't lose heart dear we are all in the same boat. Cheers:):)

AshishD

Dec 11, 2018
Dubai
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-02-2019
Med's Done....
16-02-2019

These guys seem to be completely random or are changing their processes every week. Anyways, I read that you sent passport copies!!! In our case we never sent our passport copies to them and were not asked to share as well. My wife already got her final report. Not sure if I am missing something. These guys seem to be beyond any logic or my logic is too weak :(

Nov 30, 2018
These guys seem to be completely random or are changing their processes every week. Anyways, I read that you sent passport copies!!! In our case we never sent our passport copies to them and were not asked to share as well. My wife already got her final report. Not sure if I am missing something. These guys seem to be beyond any logic or my logic is too weak :(
lol.. There is no LOGIC.