genieve876

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
My timeline is similar to yours

Documents sent: 02/20/2018
Documents received by WES: 03/01/2018
WES reviewing documents: 03/04/2018
WES reviewing documents again: 03/08/2018

Still no update from WES. Lets keep each other updated. As far as I can see it's about 20 days for review, and 20 days for evaluation. So perhaps we're moving in to the next phase soon :)[/QUOTE
Hey have you received any update on your eca report

genieve876

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
i think it will be under evaluation on 03/22 for you Ronja... and for you genieve on 03/20... or +2 days more ... just a guess based on trend here.... :)
I sill have not see a change I called but cannot get a definite answer as to what is happening I am just being told that so processes take longer than some so idk

LoneEarthling

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Hi all,

I am a little new to this. Can anybody please explain to me what exactly does WES evaluate of your qualification?

Do they check whether my degree/certificate is genuine or not?
Do they check the level of qualification or years of education (like Bachelors, Masters, Doctorate etc.)?
Do they evaluate on the basis of GPA/grades I obtain?
Or a combination of all of these?

I'm from Pakistan with a BE in Engineering (4 years program recognized by the local Higher Education Commision (HEC)). Will WES assess my qualification as Bachelors or what? Because Australia assesses it a little under Bachelors. Bachelors but without Honours.

Finally how much does it cost and how long does it take since the day I post the documents? I have seen some posts mentioning something like 20 days clock. What's that?

breddyk

Mar 31, 2018
Hi all,

I am a little new to this. Can anybody please explain to me what exactly does WES evaluate of your qualification?

Do they check whether my degree/certificate is genuine or not?
Do they check the level of qualification or years of education (like Bachelors, Masters, Doctorate etc.)?
Do they evaluate on the basis of GPA/grades I obtain?
Or a combination of all of these?

I'm from Pakistan with a BE in Engineering (4 years program recognized by the local Higher Education Commision (HEC)). Will WES assess my qualification as Bachelors or what? Because Australia assesses it a little under Bachelors. Bachelors but without Honours.

Finally how much does it cost and how long does it take since the day I post the documents? I have seen some posts mentioning something like 20 days clock. What's that?
First thing first, WES evaluates your qualification equivalency with Canadian education system. In your case, your bachelor's degree is considered as a 4 year degree.
Second, they verify the degree by contacting the universities directly. For that, you have to send the transcripts to the WES in a closed envelope with the university seal and signature. It doesn't matter whether it's a GPA or grades or marking system.
Lastly, it'll take 20 working days after your documents reach the WES, and the it'll cost 250-350 CAD.

Hope this clarify your questions.

breddyk

Mar 31, 2018
didn't your account show the completion date? cause my documents were reached on 9th march and the evaluation started on 23rd march and it shows the completion date as April 13th.

breddyk

Mar 31, 2018
Hello Guys

Here is my WES timeline

Application Submitted 14th Feb
Received 16th Feb
Docs under review 18th feb
Evaluation report under review 11th march
Evaluation complete and Report available 28th March
have you got your evaluation report?

LoneEarthling

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
First thing first, WES evaluates your qualification equivalency with Canadian education system. In your case, your bachelor's degree is considered as a 4 year degree.
Second, they verify the degree by contacting the universities directly. For that, you have to send the transcripts to the WES in a closed envelope with the university seal and signature. It doesn't matter whether it's a GPA or grades or marking system.
Lastly, it'll take 20 working days after your documents reach the WES, and the it'll cost 250-350 CAD.

Hope this clarify your questions.
Oh, so to WES it doesn't matter if I am a bright student or a lousy one. They are only concerned with the authenticity of the degree and evaluate it as par with the Canadian benchmark.

Have you got any idea what benchmark a Pakistani 4 years Bachelor Degree gets?

Kumar2017

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Application Sent: 06-MAR-2018
Application Delivered: 08 - MAR - 2018
Documents under review: 12 - MAR - 2018
Document by Document Evaluation (ECA) - Initial Application: 14 - MAR - 2018
Document by Document Evaluation (ECA) - Initial Application: 20 - MAR - 2018 (also received mail for the same)
DUE DATE: 10 - Apr - 2018

Aytan

Mar 27, 2018
Application Sent: 06-MAR-2018
Application Delivered: 08 - MAR - 2018
Documents under review: 12 - MAR - 2018
Document by Document Evaluation (ECA) - Initial Application: 14 - MAR - 2018
Document by Document Evaluation (ECA) - Initial Application: 20 - MAR - 2018 (also received mail for the same)
DUE DATE: 10 - Apr - 2018
That was pretty fast, mine is still under review, though they have been delivered on the same date.

breddyk

Mar 31, 2018
Oh, so to WES it doesn't matter if I am a bright student or a lousy one. They are only concerned with the authenticity of the degree and evaluate it as par with the Canadian benchmark.

Have you got any idea what benchmark a Pakistani 4 years Bachelor Degree gets?
They don't really look at your grades, and as far as i know your BE is of 4 year course, it's equivalent of a 4 year bachelor Canadian degree if it is a regular one.

ranjangaur4

Dec 11, 2017
Hi, I had transcript sent in to wes and after reviewing for 11 days they confirmed that transcript is ok, but Diploma was not included. Now sending that. Anyone who has been in similar situation - will they take time to 'review' again or will it go straight to evaluation now?

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
does anyone know why WES shows one default recipient of ECA report as Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada(IRCC) Sydney, NS...

I mean Sydney in Australia?

edit: nevermind found that this sydney is in canada

Namz

Apr 2, 2018
Hello,
Please share your WES timeline and let's track similar cases

My timeline

docs reached 02/02
docs review 02/04
evaluation in progress 02/22

Thank you,
please guide:
my Intermediate college is not in approved list, but my university is in WES approved list. can i still submit my documents to WES??

Namz

Apr 2, 2018
I am on same boat

docs reached 02/07
status changed to docs under review 02/09
still same status 02/27

Thank you,
my Intermediate college is not in approved list, but my university is in WES approved list. can i still submit my documents to WES??

Namz

Apr 2, 2018
Hi, I had transcript sent in to wes and after reviewing for 11 days they confirmed that transcript is ok, but Diploma was not included. Now sending that. Anyone who has been in similar situation - will they take time to 'review' again or will it go straight to evaluation now?