Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
Hi all, here's my WES timeline:

Application created: 21 July
Both degrees reached: 18 August
Expected evaluation by: 11 September

I had to submit 2 documents from 2 different universities, and they did not begin the process until both the degree/transcripts were reached unfortunately.

fmomen01

Sep 5, 2018
Case Registered: August 28th 2018
Documents Sent (through USPS Priority Shipping): August 29th 2018
Document Received (verified by USPS tracking): September 4th 2018
WES updated the status after 3 Business days to "Document received: Review in Progress": September 7th 2018

WES updated the status to "Evaluation in Progress" : Not yet
WES changed the status to: Evaluation report being prepared for delivery: Not yet
WES Completed the evaluation and mailed: Not yet

I'm still waiting for the status to turn to "Evaluation in Progress." Would anyone happen to know if US credentials are evaluated more quickly? Like less than the 20 days? Also, how long did it take for most people for the status to change from "Review in Progress" to "Evaluation in Progress"?

I am getting closer and closer to my birthday each day and wanted this all to be done before my 30th this November!

Thanks!

Takentaken421

Aug 30, 2018
WES updated the status after 3 Business days to "Document received: Review in Progress": September 7th 2018

WES changed the status to: Evaluation report being prepared for delivery: Not yet

I'm still waiting for the status to turn to "Evaluation in Progress." Would anyone happen to know if US credentials are evaluated more quickly? Like less than the 20 days? Also, how long did it take for most people for the status to change from "Review in Progress" to "Evaluation in Progress"?

I am getting closer and closer to my birthday each day and wanted this all to be done before my 30th this November!

Thanks!
I have the exact same timeline and US masters degree. I am expecting my evaluation to complete by this month end.

fmomen01

Sep 5, 2018
I have the exact same timeline and US masters degree. I am expecting my evaluation to complete by this month end.
Hey Takentaken421,

I have a US MSc and a US BA degree both up for eval. Will I get two separate reports? I'm assuming I'll get both reports on the same day. No way for this to be done by mid September? :(

Babsfrey

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018

Thanks!
The evaluation for the US takes 20 days as well. It will change to evaluation report is being reviewed in a few days, assuming your documentation is acceptable to WES. I will advise that you give WES a nudge through phone calls and or messaging. All the best.

Takentaken421

Aug 30, 2018
Hey Takentaken421,

I have a US MSc and a US BA degree both up for eval. Will I get two separate reports? I'm assuming I'll get both reports on the same day. No way for this to be done by mid September? :(
I sent only my masters for evaluation since I wasn't able to get my bachelor's transcript from India. I don't think it will be processed by mid sep which is like 10 days processing time! I think WES takes minimum 20 days after the status changed to evaluation is in progress.

You still have full two months before you turn 30. Your age will be locked with CEC on the day you receive ITA. If you get ITA in first draw in Oct, you are good.

Babsfrey

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
Hey Takentaken421,

You will get only one report. The report will detail the Canada equivalent of both certificates. It will only be ready 20 days from the day the accept the documentation. If today, you should get your report September 30. So you really do not have time.

fmomen01

Sep 5, 2018
I sent only my masters for evaluation since I wasn't able to get my bachelor's transcript from India. I don't think it will be processed by mid sep which is like 10 days processing time! I think WES takes minimum 20 days after the status changed to evaluation is in progress.

You still have full two months before you turn 30. Your age will be locked with CEC on the day you receive ITA. If you get ITA in first draw in Oct, you are good.
Thanks! Yeah, I'm hoping for an ITA for one of the two October rounds and glad that the age gets locked! Phew! Until then I'm waiting for my CELPIP scores, booked my medical and am currently trying to gather my employee verification letters and police certificates (5 in total since I've moved around a LOT since 18!) At least one less thing to worry about.

fmomen01

Sep 5, 2018
You will get only one report. The report will detail the Canada equivalent of both certificates. It will only be ready 20 days from the day the accept the documentation. If today, you should get your report September 30. So you really do not have time.
Ah, ok. Well, thanks anyway. Guess I'll just try to focus on the other stuff for now :) Would you happen to know if WES has to verify my docs with my US schools too? Should I send my schools an email saying to respond to WES verification enquiries or just let it be unless WES contacts me about it.

Babsfrey

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
Ah, ok. Well, thanks anyway. Guess I'll just try to focus on the other stuff for now :) Would you happen to know if WES has to verify my docs with my US schools too? Should I send my schools an email saying to respond to WES verification enquiries or just let it be unless WES contacts me about it.
WES will probably not require extra verification for US documents. I know that UK documents do not require such extra verification. You just need to hope that your school has sent the documents in the required format. Else, you will be asked to reach out to your school a second time. Outside this, I think that you are good.

fmomen01

Sep 5, 2018
WES will probably not require extra verification for US documents. I know that UK documents do not require such extra verification. You just need to hope that your school has sent the documents in the required format. Else, you will be asked to reach out to your school a second time. Outside this, I think that you are good.
Ah, thanks Babsfrey! :) Yeah, I had to make a few phone calls and send a few reminders to my UG school to stamp and sign the backflap and include the WES reference number. For my grad school transcripts and copies of my diplomas, I sent them all in a large manilla envelope since customer service told me, US transcripts can be sent directly from the applicant so long as they are unopened, stamped and signed properly. Let me know if I'm wrong though.

If they don't update my status to evaluation in progress by the end of the work week, I'll email/call them again just to make sure the docs are A-ok.

NewApplicant88

Jul 27, 2018
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
Hi all, here's my WES timeline:

Application created: 21 July
Both degrees reached: 18 August
Expected evaluation by: 11 September

I had to submit 2 documents from 2 different universities, and they did not begin the process until both the degree/transcripts were reached unfortunately.
Just to add to the update:
WES completed the evaluation today: 10 September