+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Results - Masters Degree holder but Summary says Bachelors Degree

saichowdari

Feb 26, 2019
My wife have masters degree in USA and applied for WES. They requested bachelors degree certificates from India. We have provided all the documents they requested.Finally the WES report says summary four years bachelors degree but in the page 2 it says Masters degree from non recognized university.

I am confused right now about the report as I am primary applicant.Can some one answer my questions

1.Can I include my wife's masters degree as the page 2 in WES report includes masters degree.

2. Will it be a problem when verified by CIC later part.Is it safe

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
My wife have masters degree in USA and applied for WES. They requested bachelors degree certificates from India. We have provided all the documents they requested.Finally the WES report says summary four years bachelors degree but in the page 2 it says Masters degree from non recognized university.

I am confused right now about the report as I am primary applicant.Can some one answer my questions

1.Can I include my wife's masters degree as the page 2 in WES report includes masters degree.

2. Will it be a problem when verified by CIC later part.Is it safe
1. No
2. Yes

You can check with other ECA providers who can recognize the university which your wife attended in USA.

maheshmit

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hi All,

I received my ECA report from CES today and the Canadian equivalency has been mentioned as shown below -

Can you please clarify if I can claim points for Masters equivalency based on this report?

Apologies in advance if you feel that this post is unrelated to this thread - I just wanted to confirm the equivalency with experienced folks!

Thank you!

spirit.varun

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
Hi,

My WES details and summary is as shown below:

WES Summary:
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Master's degree

Breakdown:
Bachelor of Engineering as Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)
Master of Science as Canadian Equivalency: Master's degree

Education history selected in EE profile:
Master's degree
Bachelor's degree

Am I trouble with CIC (now that I have received ITA) for selecting 2 degrees in EE profile while WES summary states Master's degree

Another issue:

My name on BE degree is : Varun Singh A
My name on MS degree is : Varun Singh Amar singh

In WES report, I see:
The names on one or more of the academic credentials submitted for evaluation differ from the name indicated above.

before Summary results, how is this to be interpreted by CIC, will it cause further confusion to them ?

Any advice is greatly appreciated

sonalika

Oct 23, 2019
Hi,

I have completed 3 years bachelor's degree and 2 years masters degree form the same university. My Wes report has come as 3 years bachelor's and 4 years bachelor's. The University is same for both my degrees and it's a very recognized one. I have done full time MBA with a good score. Then why has the report come like this? Is it a mistake from Wes? What do I apply EE as dual bachelor's or master degree? Kindly suggest.