Interview........
Not Reqd as of now
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
InLand Applicant
I have done diploma from mumbai, and got directly into second year of BE computer. I sent my docs to wes for assessment, but i forgot to add diploma transcript. So they thought i have not done first year of degree, so degree doesnt cover first year of ur BE. I tried to explain them in Diploma to degree transfer we get directly into second year but they fail to understand scenario. After lot of research i came to know might be diploma transcript missing was issue. They are saying ur application is on hold we are waiting for futher verfication from ur institute.so do i have to send all docs again with proper diploam details ? Or i have to wait for my institution to reply them which can take years to do so.

VJ2015

Mar 13, 2015
Hi,

I am about to apply WES and noticed your query. I did my 12th then Diploma (Direct second year) and then B.E Degree (Direct second year). So I am falling into your case as I joined directly BE second year.
Lets then wait for some experienced friends here to reply.

However please update this query once you get response from WES

Thanks,
VJ

geetsingh

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Well guys, its the same case like my wife's.

She enrolled in Engg diploma post her 10th, & post 3 years diploma, she enrolled for Degree in B.Tech in 2nd.

It means, she had 6 semesters in Diploma, & 6 in Degree.

I had to get both the 12 semesters transcripts from the university & we then only forwarded the case.

The documents have been accepted & are under evaluation.

Since, diploma + degree makes it a complete degree of 4 years.

Getting transcripts of just Degree will not help.

new_day

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
PK_11 said:
I have done diploma from mumbai, and got directly into second year of BE computer. I sent my docs to wes for assessment, but i forgot to add diploma transcript. So they thought i have not done first year of degree, so degree doesnt cover first year of ur BE. I tried to explain them in Diploma to degree transfer we get directly into second year but they fail to understand scenario. After lot of research i came to know might be diploma transcript missing was issue. They are saying ur application is on hold we are waiting for futher verfication from ur institute.so do i have to send all docs again with proper diploam details ? Or i have to wait for my institution to reply them which can take years to do so.
Obviously you will not wait for your institution; as i am from outside India, i don't know the exact action to do but logically you should arrange to send your diploma certificate+mark sheets from awarding authority to WES directly (as per WES requirement) and you will send an email to WES explaining the reason clearly.

VJ2015

Mar 13, 2015
I added my diploma to WES. However can some one brief hot get the Diploma transcript .
For your reference I completed my diploma in Tamilnadu.

Thanks.

geetsingh

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
You have to apply for the transcript the same way as you applied for degree transcripts.

My wife's case was Diploma from a diff Uni & Degree from a diff Uni.

We applied for transcripts from the both the Uni & sent across the same to WES.

While filling up WES application, we gave the details of both the courses undertaken.

VJ2015

Mar 13, 2015
I went to Directorate of Technical Education, Chennai . They are asking to get the WES request from signed by the Principal of the Diploma college. No where else the I found this process to be followed. However they said transcripts will be provided by them in a sealed envelope as per WES format.

Have anybody been to Diploma college to get the WES request form signed by Principal ?

I tried calling Diploma college but none could understand what I am asking for.

Thanks.

geetsingh

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Yes,

similar kind of exp.

As I said, we applied for transcript of diploma from a diff Uni & transcript of Degree from a diff Uni.

The one for diploma, they asked for the WES form to be given along with application, however no sign from the principal.

But one of Degree, they took our request without any WES form or reference num copy.

So, asking for a signature, not much a big diff.

This gives you a chance to meet your old Princy too.

do it fast, as uni's with requirement often take long to prepare such documents & then another week to send it to WES & THEN ANOTHER 3 weeks to assess the same.

cool_shah01

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
VJ2015 said:
I went to Directorate of Technical Education, Chennai . They are asking to get the WES request from signed by the Principal of the Diploma college. No where else the I found this process to be followed. However they said transcripts will be provided by them in a sealed envelope as per WES format.

Have anybody been to Diploma college to get the WES request form signed by Principal ?

I tried calling Diploma college but none could understand what I am asking for.

Thanks.
Hi,

I am also having the same problem. I have done diploma from Mumbai and technical board asked me to get signature from College principal. Problem in my case that i am outside India and i can not approach (Principal asked student in front of him :( )
After that, I collected my sealed envelope from technical board and without WES form i sent my documents to WES.
Unfortunately, i received an email stating that "The academic document received was not issued by the appropriate Board responsible for conducting the examinations."

But at the same time, On WES website under Order Details it shows "Evaluation Status: Evaluation in Progress
The estimated completion date of your evaluation report is: April 29, 2015.".

Now, I am not sure will they proceed without my diploma certificates and they will provide me evaluation for my B.E.
OR
They will keep my application pending at their side with comment"Waiting for Required documents" (Please note that , statement is not mentioned anywhere under my application)

Please let me know the way forward, I fi can do something from my side unless wait till i received any further updates from WES.

Thanks//

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cool shah

It generally takes sometime for WES to update the status. In your case send them the transcript form along with those transcripts without awaiting for their reply.

keshab.sunil

Apr 4, 2015
geetsingh said:
Well guys, its the same case like my wife's.

She enrolled in Engg diploma post her 10th, & post 3 years diploma, she enrolled for Degree in B.Tech in 2nd.

It means, she had 6 semesters in Diploma, & 6 in Degree.

I had to get both the 12 semesters transcripts from the university & we then only forwarded the case.

The documents have been accepted & are under evaluation.

Since, diploma + degree makes it a complete degree of 4 years.

Getting transcripts of just Degree will not help.
When did you apply. Whats the status? for me it was similar need. I submitted my applicants documents by myself via DTDC. For diploma the State board will be sending it. I hope they will consider as 4 year degree.

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have the same case. I sent my level 5 Diploma which only took me 1 year to complete because of the cross credit for my previous studies but I did not submit any previous qualification certificates as it was incompleted.

Now WES is showing evaluations in progress and estimated completion date April 27th but not sure if WES is going to accept my Diploma for 2 years or 1 Year according to Canadian Credentials. If I submit previous educational documents I will have to visit University or I can get the Degree photocopies attested from Institute itself? Please guide.

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WES was showing estimated completion time 27th April. Suddenly status change to evaluation in progress again. What should I take it as?

VJ2015

Mar 13, 2015
I went to my polytechnic college , got principal signature with seal and applied transcripts at state board of technical education. They said it will take 20 days. However they know about how wes accepts the transcripts. But when questioned why they need principal signature they cliam they (polytechnic) will still be the issuing authority. Not sure what state board of technical education will do here. Went to trichy Bharathidasan university and completed my transcript application.

katja2684

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fastfood said:
WES was showing estimated completion time 27th April. Suddenly status change to evaluation in progress again. What should I take it as?
Fast food, did you get your ECA yet? My file was also showing April completion date which then disappeared last Friday. The status is now evaluation in progress.