+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Recognition for Amity Online PGDM Courses

rohitramani

Feb 8, 2020
Hello,

I'm planning to start the 1 year PGDM Course Online from Amity Online to improve my CRS score as well as improve my skills in the profession,

My question is that does WES recognize Amity Online's "PG Diploma Course for Data Science (PGD-DS)" especially?

On their website, it shows that they're recognized by UGC, AICTE and many other govt. bodies, but WES doesn't show Amity University in their "Degree Equivalency Tool",

Any responses on this would be highly appreciated as I have to take the decision in a few days.

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
Couple of things may help you confirm:

1. Does their degree and transcript/marksheet clearly indicate PGD for a duration of "1 year"?
2. Do they have 32 or more credits for this course?

Frankly, the best way to confirm, is to ask Amity if they have evidence of some student's WES certificate. That's because WES can be unpredictable.

I know both IGNOU's PGD in Applied Statistics and IIIT Bangalore (Upgrad)'s Machine Learning & Data Science program have WES equivalence. I completed the the Upgrad program and got WES equivalence. I was also enrolled in the IGNOU program (as backup) but did not complete it although you'll find enough posts online confirming that it'll be recognized although IGNOU delays their exams and transcripts etc. so less reliable that way.

Hope that helps.

[It's difficult to keep track of threads here so feel free to message me on LinkedIn and do share with the group here as to what you did eventually so it helps others. :)]

rohitramani

Feb 8, 2020
Hello,

So to update everyone..

As per the talks with Amity, they're saying that my WES would be done and they had already got one-year diploma certificate credentials from other similar courses,
The only thing is you've to wait for almost 2 years to get your WES evaluation.

Let me explain:
1. Course duration is between March 2020 - April 2021
2. After the course completion in April 2021, I'll receive e-marksheet on around October 2021 (yes, it would take 3-6 months, and this is also e-marksheet)
3.After e-marksheet, you've to wait for the convocation, which happens every December, where you'll receive your mark-sheet and Degree certificate.

After Step 3 completed, you could apply for WES, and Amity and WES will approve the request.

This is what I've heard from them..

Reactions: kashifsami