+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES process for verification

jparekh91

Jun 19, 2019
Hi all,
There is a lot of confusion with regards to the documents to be sent to wes for verification.
From all the forums and wes website, i have understood the following. I have done my bachelor's + masters from India.
Please help ...badly stuck with this
So in all these things will go to wes:

1. transcripts to be made by college and to be sent directly by college to wes in a sealed envelope
2. All marksheets to be attested by MU and to be sent directly by MU to wes in a sealed envelope
3. Degree certificate xerox to be sent directly by the candidate to wes
4. Masters transcripts and marksheets also to be sent to wes directly by the University (IIM in my case)

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi all,
There is a lot of confusion with regards to the documents to be sent to wes for verification.
From all the forums and wes website, i have understood the following. I have done my bachelor's + masters from India.
Please help ...badly stuck with this
So in all these things will go to wes:

1. transcripts to be made by college and to be sent directly by college to wes in a sealed envelope
2. All marksheets to be attested by MU and to be sent directly by MU to wes in a sealed envelope
3. Degree certificate xerox to be sent directly by the candidate to wes
4. Masters transcripts and marksheets also to be sent to wes directly by the University (IIM in my case)
1. NO
2. NO
3. Kind of
4. YES

you have misinterpret it

Apply for Transcripts in your University and request them to add your degree copy in the transcripts envelope as well.
Similar case for IIM which you already have mentioned. Hope MU is Mumbai University, if yes, then they will send transcripts to WES themselves.

jparekh91

Jun 19, 2019
1. NO
2. NO
3. Kind of
4. YES

you have misinterpret it

Apply for Transcripts in your University and request them to add your degree copy in the transcripts envelope as well.
Similar case for IIM which you already have mentioned. Hope MU is Mumbai University, if yes, then they will send transcripts to WES themselves.
Okay understood, thanx for clarifying. So in this case MU will only make my transcripts and attest my degree certificates as well so there is no dependency on college at all.
1. MU to wes - transcripts + attested marksheet + degree certificates
2. IIM - Transcripts + marksheet

There wont be anything going from college or by me to wes. Pls confirm

DrKT

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Hi all.
I have a 5 yrs Dental undergrad degree.
Upon completion , I went on to do a 1 year full time Fellowship course from Saveetha Dental college chennai.
It is a deemed to be university.
The college issues a certificate reg the course completed and on it mentions the course details..along with the dean ..principal and staff signature plus the ORIGINAL document sticker.
The emblem of the college university is right on the top as well ( mind you its a deemed to be university )
There is no seperate mark sheet.

I was under the presumption all these days that I can opt for 2 or more degrees option.
While creating a WES account I dont know what to choose from the education level for this 1 year degree...

Also it says the college provided documents will not be accepted. ..and only university or autonomous bodies shall be approved.

My college isnt mentioned in the autonomous list :(

What shall I do in this case ?
Is this degree a waste ?

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hi all.
I have a 5 yrs Dental undergrad degree.
Upon completion , I went on to do a 1 year full time Fellowship course from Saveetha Dental college chennai.
It is a deemed to be university.
The college issues a certificate reg the course completed and on it mentions the course details..along with the dean ..principal and staff signature plus the ORIGINAL document sticker.
The emblem of the college university is right on the top as well ( mind you its a deemed to be university )
There is no seperate mark sheet.

I was under the presumption all these days that I can opt for 2 or more degrees option.
While creating a WES account I dont know what to choose from the education level for this 1 year degree...

Also it says the college provided documents will not be accepted. ..and only university or autonomous bodies shall be approved.

My college isnt mentioned in the autonomous list :(

What shall I do in this case ?
Is this degree a waste ?
From where did you do your undergrad degree?

Get your dental bachelor degree evaluated, just your dental bachelor degree. Since, dental is regulated profession, you will get points equal to masters.

Reactions: DrKT

DrKT

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
There is absolutely no issues with my bachelors dental degree. I am any ways submitting that.
My query was pertaining to the 1 year fellowship course that I'd done post my under grad

DrKT

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Is that so ?? Will my dental under grad fetch me marks equal to masters ? :O absolutely amazing . I never knew this

DrKT

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
If I were you, I'd chuck it.
You mean ....you would not bother about this 1 year degree ?

I am totally fine with that.
I only presumed to get more points thinking i can opt for 2 or degrees option.

If my dental under grad would fetch me marks equivalent to masters...i will be on the moon :)

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Is that so ?? Will my dental under grad fetch me marks equal to masters ? :O absolutely amazing . I never knew this
Degree in a professional area fetches you points that are equal to that of a Master's. Professional areas are areas where you require a license to practice and these include : Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Law, Chiropractic, Dentistry, Podiatry, Optometry and Pharmacy.

Check your points at this page : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html

I have a Bachelors in Clinical Optometry and my degree was evaluated as a "4 years of professional study in optometry", which fetches you points equal to masters. Yours will be evaluated on the same lines.

Reactions: DrKT

DrKT

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Degree in a professional area fetches you points that are equal to that of a Master's. Professional areas are areas where you require a license to practice and these include : Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Law, Chiropractic, Dentistry, Podiatry, Optometry and Pharmacy.

Check your points at this page : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html

I have a Bachelors in Clinical Optometry and my degree was evaluated as a "4 years of professional study in optometry", which fetches you points equal to masters. Yours will be evaluated on the same lines.
Am new to this .Hence this level of ignorance.
If I may please ask...did you get your evaluation done by WES or any other source ?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Am new to this .Hence this level of ignorance.
If I may please ask...did you get your evaluation done by WES or any other source ?
Its not the case, this has happened in past where WES has mentioned it as Bachelors degree only.

DrKT

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
For dentists?
Hi.
I have cross checked the info.
Degrees that need a professional license to practice fall under the same category as masters.
Its written plain and clear in the CIC website crs calculator estimation which translates to how WES evaluates it.

Nothing to worry