Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
July 2010
LANDED..........
April 2014
Hello Seniors,

I would like to convert my credentials (Master of Science from India) evaluated for the Canadian education equivalency. I am doing this for the purpose of job and as well as college higher education application purpose, i have few doubts here. can anyone please clarify ?

1. Which is the best to go with ? ..... WES or ICAS or something else ?
2. Cost is not a problem for me. I want a quality service and well recognized/ widely accepted certificate.
3. In WES there were many options like course by course report, document by document report, icap - storage of documents for future use. Do we have the same with ICAS as well.

Which is good to go with, considering all the parameters. I am confused. Kindly advise.

bye, havs

donwin4real

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
23-05-2011
IELTS Request
Included with initial application
Med's Request
15-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
Not Yet
WES and ICAS are both equally good only that WES is cheaper($180 charged for assessment compared to $200 charged by ICAS) and I think WES processing time(7days) is faster too.

donwin4real

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
23-05-2011
IELTS Request
Included with initial application
Med's Request
15-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
Not Yet
havs said:
Hello Seniors,

I would like to convert my credentials (Master of Science from India) evaluated for the Canadian education equivalency. I am doing this for the purpose of job and as well as college higher education application purpose, i have few doubts here. can anyone please clarify ?

1. Which is the best to go with ? ..... WES or ICAS or something else ?
2. Cost is not a problem for me. I want a quality service and well recognized/ widely accepted certificate.
3. In WES there were many options like course by course report, document by document report, icap - storage of documents for future use. Do we have the same with ICAS as well.

Which is good to go with, considering all the parameters. I am confused. Kindly advise.

bye, havs
1. WES

2. Then you'll get everything with WES as they have higher and vast recognition with majority of secondary and post secondary educational/employment institutions/corporations in the world. ICAP takes between 6 - 10weeks to process your ECA report while it takes WES only 7days on the receipt of all documents and payment.

3. WES only have this option which is very useful as you always have access to your WES certified transcripts at all times that you can send to any institution or for employment purposes anytime instead of having to go back to your school for another copy.

Hope this helps..
All the best!

KayenotKatie

May 5, 2014
Hi,

I badly need help, I'm currently in Canada and I'm applying for Federal Skilled Worker Program. I finished Bachelor of Science in Business Administration major in Managerial Accounting in the Philippines. What should I choose? WES or ICAS? I can't find any informations with regards to FSW applying inside Canada.

Your comments and suggestions will be highly appreaciated. Thank you very much!

havs

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
Mississauga
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
July 2010
LANDED..........
April 2014
Hi there,

I got my credentials evaluated through WES and i got in time. But I have submitted the application with all the needed documents, especially the official transcripts, there is an seperate application for FSW applicant also, the website will give you complete details https://www.wes.org/ca/
if you have any questions call the customer service they will help you.

havs

css

Jun 14, 2014
Dear Havs,

With WES, how are the transcripts passed to them from us ? Whether we have to mail it to them directly or the university has to mail it to them ?

Sorry i am not very aware of the process. I have already landed and looking forward to do an assessment with WES. I have taken all the transcripts for a credential assessment in the form of sealed envelopes from the universities i studied.

Please help. Thank you. :)

KayenotKatie

May 5, 2014
css said:
Dear Havs,

With WES, how are the transcripts passed to them from us ? Whether we have to mail it to them directly or the university has to mail it to them ?

Sorry i am not very aware of the process. I have already landed and looking forward to do an assessment with WES. I have taken all the transcripts for a credential assessment in the form of sealed envelopes from the universities i studied.

Please help. Thank you. :)

Based on WES process/ steps you will download a "form" - you can find it on their website and you need to fill it out with your signature and mail it to your school. The University/ school will send all of your transcripts to WES. But just to be sure check their site.

css

Jun 14, 2014
Most of the Schools/Universities in India don't even consider such a request. Getting a transcript itself in a sealed envelope ( which i have with me) is a big big deal..... ::)

I was just wondering if i can present the sealed envelopes to WES and get the evaluation done rather than doing it the other way ( getting universities to send the transcript to WES)

grayninja2014

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KayenotKatie said:
Hi,

I badly need help, I'm currently in Canada and I'm applying for Federal Skilled Worker Program. I finished Bachelor of Science in Business Administration major in Managerial Accounting in the Philippines. What should I choose? WES or ICAS? I can't find any informations with regards to FSW applying inside Canada.

Your comments and suggestions will be highly appreaciated. Thank you very much!
I think WES has it :'( :)