+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wes Online Distance Master from U.K

Ali Ak

Aug 5, 2018
Hello everyone,
I have graduated from Bsc. engineering from my country(not u.k).My education was traditional and now I want to register University of Hertfordshire Online Msc program in U.K.After complete it,i am keen to apply express entry and I would like to ask you whether WES accepts this online master program to increase my CRS points.Regards

mowaiskhalid

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
It depends on the credit hours and authenticity of the University mainly which they will provide on your diploma supplement when you finish your Msc. I did Msc from University of London Distance Learning this year. Although I took both modules together and completed it in 6 months rather than 1 year, my diploma states that it is equal to 1 year full time course with 180 credit hours. WES evaluated it as Masters. So just check with your University or ask a former student about how his diploma supplement looked like to be sure.

Ali Ak

Aug 5, 2018
I really appretiate for your help. I checked WES' website and I found my university is on their list. Also from university website it is written as below. Also, the program is 180 credits. Lastly, may I asked you this program like yours. I mean the online word is not indicated on your diploma however on the transcript it is indicated and WES accepts ?. Thank you very much.

"The name of your degree will appear on the certificate, e.g. Master of Science (Honours) in Computer Science.
Modules may contain the word 'Online' in their title, but the degree title on the certificate does not. You will also receive a transcript showing the modules you have passed, and your grades. A transcript is an official document that will show your award, your award classification and all the modules you have passed along with the grades for each module."

mowaiskhalid

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
Online is not an issue as mine has it written as Distance Learning - Web Based and they did not care about it. I think you should be okay with this one.

Smartleo

Star Member
Jan 17, 2018
It depends on the credit hours and authenticity of the University mainly which they will provide on your diploma supplement when you finish your Msc. I did Msc from University of London Distance Learning this year. Although I took both modules together and completed it in 6 months rather than 1 year, my diploma states that it is equal to 1 year full time course with 180 credit hours. WES evaluated it as Masters. So just check with your University or ask a former student about how his diploma supplement looked like to be sure.
Hi,
Can you please tell which course you had opted which allowed you to choose both modules to study at a time..
As I am also looking to do a post graduate diploma of 1 year which can finish before time.
Will appreciate your quick response.

mowaiskhalid

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
Hi,
Can you please tell which course you had opted which allowed you to choose both modules to study at a time..
As I am also looking to do a post graduate diploma of 1 year which can finish before time.
Will appreciate your quick response.
It was MSc Professional Accountancy