+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES not claiming a credential

ziadnasir

Jan 19, 2019
Hello, I have a question regarding wes evaluation. I have gotten the Wes evaluation done and have received the ECA aswell but what i wanted to know is can i leave out one of the credentials in express entry profile even if it is evaluated by wes ? or would this cause a problem ?
i got 3 bachelor evaluations and one diploma . I do not wish to add one of the credential from it to my express entry profile because it does not effect my points as i would still have 2 or more bachelors.

So would it cause a problem that even though i got an evaluation for it but i have not claimed it in my express entry profile ? Or should i ask Wes to remove it?

This credential does not effect anything for me. As all three degrees are in finance so it is not like if i leave this one out it effects my work experience.

This was my second evaluation as i had upgraded to add another evaluation. even though i had asked wes to remove this one but unfortunately they did not remove and i am afraid they would take ages to remove it if i request them again after the eca is already done now.

They already took ages the first time.

Last edited:

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Whatever is mentioned in your evaluation have to be contained in your profile, missing anything may endanger your application. If you really don't want to report one or more of your degrees, then get a fresh evaluation from one of the many available agencies.

ziadnasir

Jan 19, 2019
Whatever is mentioned in your evaluation have to be contained in your profile, missing anything may endanger your application. If you really don't want to report one or more of your degrees, then get a fresh evaluation from one of the many available agencies.
I sent WES an email requesting them to remove the degree. would wait for there reply and if they don't remove i will just add a letter of explanation along with the wes email reply to them if i get an ITA. I believe that would be sufficient as the degree should not have been evaluated in the first place.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Why are you so keen to take this credential off the ECA? It's strange, and it will look strange to WES.

It's an odd request and i don't think they will be willing to remove it from the report.

Even if it was not a credential which was accredited, it doesn't matter as long as the others were.

If you want, don't put it as part of your education on your profile, put it as part of your personal history.

ziadnasir

Jan 19, 2019
Why are you so keen to take this credential off the ECA? It's strange, and it will look strange to WES.

It's an odd request and i don't think they will be willing to remove it from the report.

Even if it was not a credential which was accredited, it doesn't matter as long as the others were.

If you want, don't put it as part of your education on your profile, put it as part of your personal history.
The problem is this 3 year evaluation was done when i was still completing the credential and when i completed my degree i got the 4 year evaluation for it.
So that mean the 3 year is not a separate education it is a part of the 4 year degree.
But even though i told them that it is a part of the 4 year but they still considered it two separate degrees.

So you can understand my dilemma as i want to be honest regarding this.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Okay, i understand the conundrum.

I think just explain it in your cover letter.

As long as when you fill your application you don't put it as two separate degrees, it should be fine.

ziadnasir

Jan 19, 2019
Okay, i understand the conundrum.

I think just explain it in your cover letter.

As long as when you fill your application you don't put it as two separate degrees, it should be fine.
Thank you.This gives me a bit of assurance i was thinking the same way as i already had removed the 3 year evaluation from my ee profile and added the 4 year.

Lets see what wes replies to the email that i sent if they wont remove it then i would just take this way and attach there email reply aswell in the cover letter.

Dammie031

Feb 11, 2020
Thank you.This gives me a bit of assurance i was thinking the same way as i already had removed the 3 year evaluation from my ee profile and added the 4 year.

Lets see what wes replies to the email that i sent if they wont remove it then i would just take this way and attach there email reply aswell in the cover letter.
Pls does WES accept Notification of higher degree result in place of certificate?

tapioca

Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-02-2020
Passport Req..
13-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2022
Hello, I have a question regarding wes evaluation. I have gotten the Wes evaluation done and have received the ECA aswell but what i wanted to know is can i leave out one of the credentials in express entry profile even if it is evaluated by wes ? or would this cause a problem ?
i got 3 bachelor evaluations and one diploma . I do not wish to add one of the credential from it to my express entry profile because it does not effect my points as i would still have 2 or more bachelors.

So would it cause a problem that even though i got an evaluation for it but i have not claimed it in my express entry profile ? Or should i ask Wes to remove it?

This credential does not effect anything for me. As all three degrees are in finance so it is not like if i leave this one out it effects my work experience.

This was my second evaluation as i had upgraded to add another evaluation. even though i had asked wes to remove this one but unfortunately they did not remove and i am afraid they would take ages to remove it if i request them again after the eca is already done now.

They already took ages the first time.
You could still only fill the highest degree you received and ECA for. List only the most advanced degree that got evaluated on your ECA. This is enough for immigration purposes. You only need the most advanced diploma/credential. Period.

ziadnasir

Jan 19, 2019
You could still only fill the highest degree you received and ECA for. List only the most advanced degree that got evaluated on your ECA. This is enough for immigration purposes. You only need the most advanced diploma/credential. Period.
Problem is I got a 2 year diploma , 2 bachelors of four years and the last one is bachelor of 3 years in my ECA. so none is above the other o_O well except the four year bachelors ..so i will only be claiming the 2 year diploma and 2 bachelors of four years and not claim points for the 3 year bachelor as it is already a part of one of the four year ECA even though WES considered it a separate degree in the ECA.

I would be going with two or more bachelor degree selection in EE profile, so two (four year bachelors) would already give me this. I dont think leaving the three year old bachelor should cause any problem as it doesn't change anything. I would attach a loe with proof that this 3 year is a part of the overall program and hence i did not claim it as a separate degree.

tapioca

Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-02-2020
Passport Req..
13-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2022
Simply use the credential that has the highest ECA Assessment Outcome. If you've got multiple ECAs, then put the most advanced one. If all your ECAs have the same assessment outcome, then choose the one with the longest Official Program Length or the most relevant degree.

This is just for IRCC, it serves as a proof to the claimed CRS points, not for recruitment.

ziadnasir

Jan 19, 2019
Simply use the credential that has the highest ECA Assessment Outcome. If you've got multiple ECAs, then put the most advanced one. If all your ECAs have the same assessment outcome, then choose the one with the longest Official Program Length or the most relevant degree.

This is just for IRCC, it serves as a proof to the claimed CRS points, not for recruitment.
Yes Thank you . that is what i plan to do.

I also have one more question regarding noc code. I have been working in noc code 1111 since February 2012 till august 2019. In September i joined a new company but my responsibilities are not upto the noc code 1111 in this new job. So if i only claim the experience that is till august 2019 and not the new one is that okey ? I have the releveant documents for the experience from Feb 2012 till august 2019 and that is the one i have put as primary experience. I have not claimed this new job i am working in since six months. Do i need to add this one aswell ?